How to Make a Baby Shower Gift Basket
Baby Shower Gift Basket
Baby Shower Gift Basket Ideas
Going to a baby shower and need some baby gift ideas? Why not try to make a baby shower gift basket!
A baby shower gift basket is a group of baby supplies gathered in a reusable gift basket and wrapped for an attractive presentation. The gift baskets can be large or small, depending on the size of the gifts and your budget.
Learn how to choose a theme, buy the baby gifts, find a basket, and put together a creative baby shower gift basket.
Baby Gift Sets
Have you ever made a baby gift basket or bought a baby gift set?
Gift Basket Themes
Before making your baby gift basket, you need to choose a theme. Choosing a theme gives the basket some uniformity and can help you when you're shopping using the baby shower registry list.
Here's how to choose your theme:
- Consider your budget. How much are you going to spend on the gift as a whole? How much are the supplies for the basket going to cost?
- Think about the theme of the baby shower. You have a few options here. Your basket can be designed to go along with the baby shower theme, or with the pink or blue theme for the genders. This will affect the supplies you purchase to make the basket.
- Find and print out a copy of the baby shower registry list. Are there items that you can group together in the basket that will be easy on your budget? Highlight the items you think you'd want to buy from the registry list. If there aren't enough items for the theme you'd like to focus on, think of or do some research about some extra things to add to your basket.
Once you have your theme, you can move on to the next step, which is purchasing the baby shower gifts.
Gift Basket Theme Ideas
Toys and Books
Photo Albums and Frames
Baby Shower Gifts Ideas
Baby Shower Presents
The baby shower presents that you buy will depend on the gifts listed on the baby gift registry. Most expectant parents have almost everything they'll need for their newborn, from feeding supplies to nursery supplies and beyond. You can use their list to compile the items you'll place in your baby gift basket.
Of course, there are times then the baby shower registry lists are missing some items that you think would help when caring for a newborn. For instance, the list might be missing dishwasher baskets which are great for cleaning baby bottles and accessories in the dishwasher. If your theme is feeding supplies, add dish washing baskets to your gift basket, and I'm sure the parents-to-be would be grateful!
Don't forget to check for deals and coupons when buying the gifts. Sales and coupons can be a big deal when you want to create a full basket without breaking the bank!
Best Baby Bottles for Baby Shower Gifts
If you are going to add bottles to your baby shower gift basket, consider the Avent baby bottles. In my experience, these are the best baby bottles. I have used them since 2008 when my oldest was born.
Homemade Baby Shower Gifts
Baby Shower Baskets
After purchasing your gifts, you need to find a basket to hold them all. Here are some tips:
- Find a basket that can be reused. A flimsy basket may be of no use to the expecting parents, but a nice sturdy basket can be added to the nursery and used for supplies.
- Find a basket that compliments your theme. For instance, if your basket is filled with bath supplies, consider a nautical print or a baby ducky print on the basket. My basket was for a baby girl, so my basket has pinks, purples, and a few other colors.
- Consider a laundry basket. As the expecting parents will find out, the newborn baby will create a ton of laundry. It would be helpful to have an extra laundry basket for all of those soiled baby clothes and bibs!
- Use a baby bathtub as a basket! If the expectant parents have a baby bath tub as a gift on their list and it's not in a box, use it as the basket and fill it with bath time supplies.
Once you have your basket and your gifts, you can put them all together!
How to Make a Gift Basket
Once you have gathered the gifts and the basket, you can make your baby shower gift basket. For the actual creation of the basket, you will need:
- Clear or tinted cellophane basket wrap
- Decorative ribbons or bows
Follow these instructions to make your basket:
- Fill the basket with larger items first. The large items will create the base for the basket. Put the symmetrical items in first, and fill in the gaps with the rest. Place taller items near the center. Rearrange until you find a good fit.
- Place the smaller items in the basket. Most items can be placed on top of the larger items, while others can be used to fill in gaps left by larger items. Find an arrangement that gives the basket an attractive, creative layout.
- Add some tissue paper or curled ribbon around the gifts. I tucked some colorful tissue paper in the back of the basket to add a pop of color, but you can add curled ribbons around the gifts as well to fill in any gaps.
- Add cellophane around the first time. Remove your gift basket from the surface on which your working, without spilling the contents. Unroll enough of the cellophane on the surface so that both sides of the cellophane can easily meet in the middle. Place the basket back on the cellophane. Tuck the shorter sides of the cellophane into the basket, and gather the longer sides so that they meet in the middle. Hold tightly and tie a small piece of ribbon around it. (Remember: tie the ribbon in a bow so that the gift basket is easy to open.)
- Add cellophane to the opposite sides. Repeat step 4, this time placing the longer sides of the cellophane on the bare sides of the basket. Gather longer sides in the middle and tie off with ribbon.
- Tape excess cellophane underneath the basket. Any remaining cellophane can be folded neatly under the basket and taped to the bottom of the basket.
- Cut the top of the cellophane so it is even. Leave enough at the top to spread apart in a flower-like formation.
- Add ribbons and bows. To finish off your basket, arrange a few ribbons and bows on the basket. Don't get too crazy!
When you're finished, don't forget to add your gift tag or baby shower card to the outside. A bit of tape should hold on a card nicely.
Voila! You have made your very own baby shower gift basket!
Baby Shower BasketsClick thumbnail to view full-size
Baby Shower Presents
Creative Baby Shower Gifts
Making a baby shower gift basket allows you to make a creative baby shower gift for the special parents-to-be without having to buy and wrap just one to two presents. Remember to have fun choosing your theme, arranging your basket, and decorating the basket!
For more baby, pregnancy, parenting, or family articles, visit my profile.