- Holidays and Celebrations»
- Common Holidays
How to Make the Easiest Valentine's Day Chocolate Cake
Celebrate the special day of love
I don't believe that we need a particular date in the calender to make us realize that it is our special day of love.
I do believe that our special day of love can be any day and moreover it can be everyday.
It was that day in your life when something unique had happened that rekindled your lost passion once more. It is that day when somebody makes you feel your importance in that person's life. It will be that day when some person will sweep you off your feet and will overwhelm you with love.
You can celebrate such special days of love in your own way. You can go out for a long drive, you can watch a movie together by snuggling up close to each other or you can make something special for your beloved. Do something that can make both of you happy.
Our day of love
Being married for three years now had made us quite used to each other. It is unlikely for us to demonstrate our love now and then like we did before our marriage. The daily chores of life had quite seasoned us. A point came when we started taking each other for granted and it was then when the unthinkable happened...
We met with a car accident. My husband who was behind the steering wheels hit a moving bus from the side. Although our car was severely damaged we somehow managed to come out of our mangled car without a single scratch in our body. The incident was so sudden that it left us baffled for days. I myself started getting repeated visions of that incident in my sleep and could not come out of the trauma easily.
It was one such day when I was sulkily roaming in the departmental store trying to buy our weekly grocery when I saw my husband had already checked out. On asking him why didn't he wait for me he simply answered that he found an empty self-checkout counter so he checked out without giving a second thought. When I came out of that store he surprised me with a box of chocolates. It suddenly brought a lost smile on my face. I felt so good that I kissed him in front of everyone. That box of chocolates were not a simple box of chocolates for me, rather it was a token of reassurance that everything is alright, everything is under control, although we faced death but now we are out of danger. A new realization dawned upon us that we got a second chance to live. To live and to love. And by any cost we should not neglect this new opportunity.
That particular day I made a special cake to celebrate our new-found life, to celebrate our new beginning of love. Although the cake might look special, the procedure is very simple. I am sure this cake will turn out to be a great Valentine's Day gift to your beloved from your side.
Happy Valentine's Day Folks!
Please take a moment to rate my recipe
- 2 cups All-purpose flour
- 2 Eggs
- 2 cups Sugar
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 3/4th Cup White Oil
- 2 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 2 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Pecans and Peanuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup Raisins
- 1 cup Chocolate Syrup
- 1 can Cake Sprinkles
- 1 cup Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1/2 cup Milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degree Fahrenheit.
- In a mixer beat eggs, oil and sugar well.
- In a mixing bowl mix flour, salt and baking powder well.
- Add the beaten egg mix inside the mixing bowl.
- Add milk, vanilla extract, chocolate syrup and chopped nuts and raisins inside the batter
- Blend the batter well for 10 minutes.
- Grease a heart shaped baking pan with butter and flour and pour the batter inside the pan.
- Bake the cake for 35 minutes.
- After the cake is baked bring it out and keep it on a cooling rack.
- Once cold, bring out the cake from the baking pan carefully and evenly pour the cream cheese frosting on the cake.
- Decorate it with Valentine's Day special cake sprinkles. Your Valentine's Day Chocolate Cake is ready!!!
- Apart from cream cheese frosting, vanilla frosting and chocolate frosting can work wonder on this cake.
- If you do not like cake sprinkles you can also use slices of strawberries to decorate your Valentine's Day cake.
- Cake stays best if you can store your cake in a cake tin at room temperature.
- If you always get egg smell from your cake use 1 teaspoon of honey in the batter. It will definitely help eradicating the egg smell from the cake.
My other cake recipes
You may even check out my other cake recipes. Although they are not tailor-made for Valentine's Day but they are also delicious and easy to bake. Have a quick glance. You may like what you see.
- Nutty Coconut Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
A simple carrot cake with a delicious twist of coconut flavor smothered in deliciously tempting cream cheese frosting makes it a must have recipe in everybody's kitchen
- Simplest Vanilla Sponge Cake with Candy Toppings
A basic vanilla sponge cake with multi-colored candy toppings which makes it delicious as well as colorful. Everybody will love it.
Valentine's Day Cupcake
© 2014 Deblina Banerjee