- Holidays and Celebrations»
- Common Holidays
How to Say I Love You on Valentines Day
February 14, 2016
Here's help finding just the right words for your love notes and Valentine cards this year. Whether cute, funny, romantic, or mushy, you'll discover the wording that will tell your boyfriend, girlfriend, crush, husband, wife or significant other they way you feel.
These words and sayings can be used for lots of ideas. For instance:
- Cut out paper hearts, write notes on them, and hide them in clever spots for your sweetie to find.
- Add your own words to purchased cards for a more personal touch.
- Make a cute gift tag with a saying and add it to a bouquet of flowers or a box of candy.
- Write a snail-mail love letter a few days before the holiday.
- Send cute texts on the hour, every hour of February 14th.
- Give it some thought, consider the recipient and what he or she likes, and come up with your own fun or romantic ideas!
And have a Happy Valentine's Day 2016!
Sweet and Simple Wording for New Loves
If you have not been dating very long or if there is someone you might just be falling for, these types of words might fit your situation. Be careful about being too mushy too soon as it might backfire on you! On the other hand, sometimes you might want to take a chance and see what happens!
- I like you.
- You mean so much to me.
- I think I am falling in love with you.
- You are everything I have been looking for.
- I like you SO much.
- Maybe I love you.
- I love you!
- I think I have a crush on you.
- Be mine, Valentine.
- Please be my Valentine.
Add Your Own Words to a Romantic Message in a Bottle!
A Question for You!
Who is your Valentine?
Words for Secret Crushes
Do you have a secret crush on someone? Valentine's Day might be just the time to drop a few hints. Try one of these sweet little sayings:
- Someone wants to be your Valentine.
- You have a secret Valentine!
- Someone has a little crush on you (p.s. it's me).
- Roses are red, violets are blue, your secret Valentine, has a crush on you.
- Happy Valentine's Day from someone who's thinking about you.
- Not too much mush, it's just a little crush! Be mine?
Things to Write to a Boyfriend
- I (heart) u
- OMG ILY
- Be my one and only special Valentine.
- I'm so happy I have you!
- Big hugs to my huggy bear.
- Be mine forever and ever.
- You are my knight in shining armor.
- I love you, Babe.
What to Say to a Girlfriend
The most important thing to remember when writing a message or love note to your girlfriend is to be in tune with her. What would she like most? Something romantic? Something silly? Something that is totally YOU? Give it some thought and come up with the perfect idea.
Here are some wording suggestions to add to your card or gift:
- Be my beautiful Valentine.
- Hey pretty girl...be mine.
- Please be my Valentine.
- I love you so very much.
- Beautiful roses for a beautiful lady.
- Roses are red, violets are blue, you fill my heart with love for you.
- OMG ILY 4EVER
- No one but you, Valentine.
Funny & Cute Ideas to Go with Candy or Gifts
If you are sending a card to a close friend, a child, a family member, or just someone amusing, a funny saying with a silly pun might be just what you need. Pair some of the following words with a little goodie for extra punch (suggestions in parenthesis).
- Rose are red, violets are blue, I can't write poetry, how about you? (add a rose)
- You are as sweet as candy! (add a candy bar or a heart-shaped box of chocolate)
- Please don't "snicker" at my request: Be Mine! (add a Snicker candy bar)
- I couldn't "bear" to be without you! (with a teddy bear)
- I love you to pieces! (add Reese's Pieces candy)
- I'm NUTS about you! (put this with a can of mixed nuts)
- Roses are red, violets are blue, I know you love chocolate...so here. (add a huge box of chocolate and a big smile)
- You've BEEN my favorite for all these years (with jelly beans or Boston Baked Beans candies).
- You're SWEET! (This would go with any cookie, cake, or homemade treat.)
- Without you in my life, something would be missing! (This goes with a box of chocolates like in the photo above, with a couple of pieces missing. Yum.)