- Holidays and Celebrations»
- Common Holidays
How to Survive Valentine's Day Alone
Valentine's Day is the perfect day for couples to share their love with each other or at least try to live up to each others' expectations. It can be argued that it's harder for single people on this day, because they are bombarded with the commercialization of love. Here are some pointers to help you get through V-day this year.
10 Tips for Survival
1. Count all the money that you won't be spending on expensive Valentine's Day gifts.
2. Don't go outside. I repeat. Don't go outside. You'll probably see couples being cheesy, romantic, and annoying; so be a hermit for a day. Just kidding. Sort of.
3. Think about your exes and how stupid you were for dating them. Congratulate yourself for not jumping into a relationship that you may regret later.
4. Do something you love. Read, paint, or dance. Just do whatever you enjoy the most.
5. Get your single friends together and have a party, watch your favorite movies, or play video games.
6. Buy yourself something nice: clothes, music, books, or anything that will get you excited and boost your mood.
7. Give a V-day gift to someone anonymously. This can be someone you like or just a random person. Making someone happy will distract you from thinking about yourself.
8. Remind yourself that Valentine's Day is an over commercialized holiday meant to get people to open their wallets for candy, stuffed animals, and useless junk.
9. Put on an overly sentimental, mushy chick flick and make fun of it with your single friends.
10. Pretend like it's a normal day. Go about your routine and ignore all the hearts, pink, and lovey-dovey stuff.
More Valentine's Day
- Single Awareness Day Playlist
These are some empowering songs to help singles get through Valentine's Day (Single Awareness Day).
- Fandom Valentine's Day Gifts
These are the perfect fandom cards and gifts to give a special someone on Valentine's Day.
- Romance and Action Movies for Valentine's Day
Watch these romantic action movies with your significant other on Valentine's Day.
- Unique Valentine's Day Gifts for Females
These are some Valentine's Day gift ideas for her.
- Unique Valentine's Day Gifts for Him
Here are some manly V-day gift ideas.