How to Throw a Tinkerbell Theme Birthday Party
Planning a Tinkerbell Party
Throwing a birthday party that has a theme is not only fun, but it is easy. Once my children tell me what they want for their birthday party each year, my imagination begins to go wild and the creative juices begin to flow. For my daughter's fifth birthday, she decided that she wanted to have a Tinkerbell birthday party. So I began to create invitations, plan decorations, food, and activities for all the little fairies to enter into fairyland. These ideas for a Tinkerbell birthday party are sure to delight girls of any age.
A Personalized Tinkerbell Invitation
The invitation is the first opportunity for your guests to get a peak at what is in store for them at the party. You can certainly purchase invitations, however if you would like to make your own invitations, it is easy, fun and your guests will love the personalization.
Location and Decorations
If you are fortunate enough to live in an area that allows you to have an outdoor party, choosing to host this event in a garden adds ambiance and character to the party. What birthday girl wouldn't delight in being surrounded by flowers on her special day?
If you are like us, and live in a cold and snowy climate during the birthday time, you can transform the celebration site into a garden. Simply add brightly colored fresh flowers throughout the location to give a garden feel. Of course adding little touches like a Tinkerbell table covering, balloons, and other party favors add to the excitement of the birthday.
Tinkerbell Birthday Cake
Creating the menu for a party to me is one of best parts of throwing a party. I always try to incorporate the theme into what the food that I am serving. You can be as creative as you want when planning a party. Try to think of things that would be dainty and fairy like, and of course included chocolate!
- Chocolate covered strawberries-These can be made very easily with melting some chocolate chips in a bowl in the microwave and then dipping the strawberries in the chocolate. Leave the leaves on for easy handling.
- Mini sandwiches-These can be cut out using flower cookie cutters to give them a unique shape or just cut them into quarters for smaller sizes. Fill the middle with any kind of sandwich ideas that your guests would like. You could do deli slices with cheese, cream cheese with cucumbers, or even peanut butter and jelly.
- Vegetable and/or fruit plate- Of course all fairies want to be sure that they are keeping healthy. Serving fruit and vegetable trays at the party will give your guests healthy options as well as the fun treats.
- Fairy Fizz- This is a great drink to serve your guests. Simply combine fruit punch and sparkling water or lemon-lime soda for some fizzy fun! The night before put fresh berries like raspberries and blueberries in the freezer. Just before your guests arrive, add them to the punch. This will add a little fun to the drink and serve as ice cubes!
- Fairy Dusted Brownies- You can purchase in most grocery stores mini brownie bites. Just add a little powdered sugar to the top to make them special fairy brownies.
- Tinkerbell Cake- One of the things that I love is making my children's birthday cakes. I will admit that I haven't gotten to the point of making the batter homemade but I do create the cake. You can find the directions to creating this Tinkerbell cake here.
My parties for kids are never without activities. I feel that if you do not have some sort of organized fun for the guests, you are asking for chaos to ensue. I also like to try to connect the activities to the theme of the party. So what kind of activities can you do for a Tinkerbell party? Here are some ideas.
- Make a fairy wand.
- Play pin the wings on the fairy.
- Play find the gold coins. (Fairies love gold and other sparkly things!)
- You can also have the guests color pictures of fairies.
Pictures of Making a Fairy WandClick thumbnail to view full-size
How to Make a Fairy Wand
One of the activities that we did was to make a fairy wand. It was easy to do and the kids went home with a craft that they really enjoyed making. My kids still play with theirs.
- 1/8 inch diameter wooden dowel
- Variety of feathers
- Glitter (color or colors of your choice)
- liquid glue
- paper plates
- ribbon (style and color of your choice)
- Select a dowel, your feathers and ribbon.
- Cut a piece of ribbon long enough to tie the feathers around the dowel and to leave some ribbon hanging.
- Place the very ends of your feathers at one end of the dowel with the feathers pointing out. Then tie the ribbon around the dowel in a knot. Be sure to leave enough space under the knot so that the feathers don't slip out.
- Gently dip the tips of the feathers in the glue and then glide the feathers in the glitter (Otherwise known as pixie dust!) Viola! A fairy wand for you!
Tinkerbell Party Favors
Many people give a goody bag at the end of the party. These can be as simple or as elaborate as you would like to make them. If you held a gold coin hunt or made the fairy wands, you can definitely include this as part of the gift bags. If you want to add a little bit of extravagance, give each guest a set of their own fairy wings. They can be purchased in sets on amazon and I have even seen them in dollar stores.
If you want to keep it simple, just add a few Tinkerbell stickers, some candy treats, a Tinkerbell pencil and a notepad. Any token at the end of a party is sure to be appreciated by your guests.
Looking for more birthday party insprirations? Check out these ideas!
- John Deere Birthday Party Ideas: Invitations, Activities, Cake, and More
Do you have a little farmer? Throwing a John Deere birthday party? Here are some tips on games and activities to play, invitations, decorations, and more. These are sure to make your party a success!
- Disney Tangled Birthday Party Ideas: Including Invitations, Cake, Food, and Activities
Looking for Tangled party ideas? Disney's Rapunzel movie has delighted young girls around the world and many are wishing to to have a party fit for a princess. Here are some ideas that include ideas for a cake, invitations, food, and activities for t
- Kid's Ninja Themed Birthday Party Ideas
If you are planning a kid's ninja themed birthday party, check out some of these party ideas. Includes do it yourself birthday party invitations, decorations, cake ideas, and goodie bags.