- Holidays and Celebrations»
Ideas for Using Special Effect Contacts Lenses with a Halloween Costume (Zombie Eyes)
By using the right contact lenses in your Halloween costume, you will really stand out from the crowd. This is a great costume accessorie that is relatively inexpensive and can go a long way in winning you that coveted $10 gas station gift certificate they're giving out for winning the costume contest.
Special effect contact lenses allow you to change your eye color and even the shape of the pupil. You can get glow in the dark lenses, cat-eye or snake-eye pupils, or you can make your zombie outfit really scream with white-out lenses that look like heavy cataracts. Just make sure you follow the manufacturers instructions, and take care of some simple safety tips.
This book has ideas for contact lenses and more. Its perfect for planning the ultimate Halloween costume.
Safety tips for wearing special effect contact lenses
1. Wash your hands with warm water and soap before handling your lenses.
2. Cut your fingernails and keep them clean so you don't scratch your eye or the lenses.
3. Store the contact lenses in a contact lens solution. Don't try to make your own, because it might not be sterile or cause damage to your eyes.
4. Use the storage container that comes with your contact lens solution. Keep it open when you're wearing the lenses.
5. Change the contact lens solution every time you wear your lenses.
6. Discard the lenses after the expiration date
7. Don't share your lenses with anyone, because you can pass bacteria back and forth and get an eye infection. Trust me, pink eye is no fun.
Scroll down for a contact lens gallery.
More Smart Halloween Ideas
- Halloween Fun for Grown-Ups
A quick list of fun things for adults to do for Halloween!
- How to Make Fake Blood
A few recipes for fake blood to wow party guests and trick-or-treaters this halloween.
- A Halloween Costume Recipe for Fake Wounds, Made With Ingredients You Already Have
How to make a realistic fake wound for a Halloween costume, using ingredients you already have in your house.