How to Wish Someone Good Luck: Greetings, Gifts, and More
If you want to wish someone good luck, then these quotes, greeting, and gifts are suitable for blessing your friend or loved one with good health and prosperity.
Good luck symbols can be both charming and beautiful.
Are you looking for a way to bless your friends and family with good luck and prosperity?
You could learn how to say good luck in another language. Perhaps writing an inspiring note in a good luck card would feel like the best way to bless the person you care about. Depending on the occasion, it might also be nice to present a small gift that expresses your wish that they be blessed with good luck and prosperity wherever they go. (There are some easy video tutorials on how to make good luck charms near the end of this article.)
You can start with these sample good luck greetings, or you may be inspired to write your own personalized good luck greeting.
- Wishing you nothing but the very best as you venture out on this exciting new path! Good luck!
- Congratulations! Wishing you the best of luck on this exciting new chapter in your life.
- While we are sad that you are moving away, we are happy to know that you are heading off to a brighter future. Good luck, and keep in touch!
- Congratulations on this exciting opportunity. You are living proof that good luck happens when hard work meets opportunity.
- You have a blessed and charmed life, full of good things. May you continue to be blessed with good luck, strong health, and endless opportunities.
- Good luck comes to those who work hard. Congratulations on winning such a prestigious award!
- I'm thinking of you and sending good luck and best wishes your way!
- I know things will go well tomorrow. You have worked hard. Lady luck will be on your side!
Here are a few of the best special occasions to wish someone good luck:
- New Year's Eve
- New Job
- New Home
- Graduating from high school, college, or university
- Going on a long journey or voyage of self-discovery
- Before a sports game
Another good reason to wish someone good luck is when they are about to perform in a play or other artistic production. But don't say 'Good luck' because that is actually considered bad luck. The common expression in theater and performing arts circles is 'Break a leg.'
These famous quotes on good luck are also suitable for a special occasion card or congratulatory letter.
Diligence is the mother of good luck. -- Benjamin Franklin
Good luck needs no explanation. -- Shirley Temple
The best luck of all is the luck you make for yourself. -- Douglas MacArthur
I am a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it. -- Stephen Leacock
How Do You Say 'Good Luck' in Other Languages?
Viel Glück! Alles Gute!
Succes! Veel geluk!
zhù nǐ háoyùn
gokoūn o inorimasu
Go n-éirí an t-ádh leat!
Do you know how to say 'Good Luck' in another language not featured in this table? Please share your good luck words and phrases in the comments section at the end of this article!
If you want to surround yourself with good luck and bestow it upon everyone who enters your home, check out these stylish decorating tips for bringing more good luck into your life!
If making handmade cards and gifts is more your style, check out these craft and paper folding videos on how to make homemade good luck charms, The recipient of your gift will feel lucky just to receive something that was handmade with love.
Create Your Own Good Luck!
Do you think it is bad luck to wish someone 'good luck'?
© 2014 Sadie Holloway