- Holidays and Celebrations
How to Write Thank You Notes for Doctors and Nurses
How to Say Thank You to Doctors and Nurses
Did they make you feel comfortable in their hands? Did they save your (or your family member’s) life? Did you find their professional services helpful? Did they display an excellent nursing care? Did the medications relieve your pains? Did they help you maintain good health? Did they make your surgery bearable? Did they handle your emotional states with high level of professionalism? Did they attend to you politely? Did they respect your dignity? Was their health counseling service helpful to you? Were you pleased with the result of their treatment?
If you answered yes to any one of the above questions, then that simply shows how meticulous, empathetic, and compassionate they are and why we should appreciate their job.
Doctors, nurses, and other hospital staff who made an extraordinary difference in your (or your family member’s) life deserves a personalized handwritten card from you to make them feel great, respected and appreciated.
The best way to express gratitude to a nurse or doctor for their time, effort, hard work, kindness and excellent care which they gave to you is to say thank you and let them know how much their medical service made you feel so much better.
Here are few things you should have in mind if you are in the process of writing a thank you card or an appreciation letter to doctors and nurses who paid much attention to your well-being and your loved ones such as your family members, significant other, colleagues or friends' health.
How to Write a Thank You Card
The opening of a card is often where most people get stumped on what to write. Now, follow the six steps below to help guide your thoughts about what to write in a card:
1. Start your note with a personal greeting. For example: “Dear [doctor’s name or nurse’s name],”
2. The next line should clearly state what you are thanking them for. For example:
- “Thank you so much for helping me stabilize my emotional health during a stressful time in my life.”
- "Thank you for your diagnosis and treatment of my ailment."
- “I’m highly satisfied with your professionalism and commitment to excellent nursing care.”
- “I’m super impressed with the results of my knee surgery.”
- “I’d like to thank you for the excellent care and treatment.”
- “I wanted to write to say thank you for making me feel better.”
- “This thank you card is not enough to express my gratitude for helping me maintain remarkably good health.”
3. The third line should briefly describe your feelings. Here, let them know how their service made you feel. For example:
- “My physical health has improved significantly and I’m back on my feet.”
- “You made my wellness your primary focus and I never had regrets seeking comprehensive care in the hospital.”
- “Although I’ve not recovered fully from the illness I’m seeing great improvement in my emotional states and wellness in general.”
- “The medications are helpful and I’d like to tell you that my pains are now a thing of the past. Thank you for being so kind and caring.”
- “If it weren’t for your early diagnosis and intensive care, I wouldn’t have bounced back to my usual life by now.”
- “The medical services given to me throughout my stay in your hospital were exceptionally good. The doctors and nurses stood by my sick-bed till I got better.”
- “The treatment and medications are providing some relief from the pain.”
- “Your hard work does not go unnoticed. Thank you for helping me to get over the sickness.”
- “I’m extremely pleased with the top-notch care I received from you.”
- “I’m super excited that I’m no longer confined to that sick-bed which kept me away from the public for almost two months.”
4. Restate your gratitude. For example:
- “Thank you for everything you do.”
- “Thank you for being so compassionate with us.”
- “Thank you!”
- “Thank you again for everything.”
- “I’m proud to have a personal physician like you in my life.”
- “I’m blessed to have you.”
- “I’m so grateful.”
- “I felt cared for, thank you.”
5. Close the card with any of these phrases: “sincerely,” “yours truly,” “much love,” “warmly,” “warm regards,” or “kindly.”
6. Sign your name.
Messages for Doctors
- Thank you so much for always making me feel better at every stage in my life. You have no idea of how much you make me feel happy and healthy. You are a wonderful surgeon who truly cares. I’m so much relieved.
- Thank you for standing by us at the trying times in our lives. I’d like to let you know that my grandma’s physical and mental conditions have remarkably improved after the surgery. I’m so thankful for your excellent care.
- Thank you for raising our hope during our stressful times and at a time I had lost all hope of getting pregnant. Words are not enough to express my happiness and gratitude. You are a reliable and respected obstetrician.
- Thank you so much for being extra careful about my health condition and general wellbeing. I have no doubt I was with competent and caring hands. Thank you for proving excellent care to every person visiting your fertility center. You’re truly the best!
- What is that thing that is so satisfying than seeing competent and caring hands paying adequate attention to your medical needs? Thank you for making a big difference in my life, and keeping me healthy. You’re really a rare oncologist I’m lucky to have found.
- Thank you so much for making a positive influence on my life in so many ways. I’m seeing great improvement in my physical and emotional wellbeing. And I’m very pleased with the outcome of the surgery.
Messages for Nurses
- I want to express my appreciation for your excellent service making my treatment as bearable as possible. The positive impact you are making in my life is immeasurable. Thank you for everything you have done to take me out of dangerous health status. You’re truly an extraordinary nurse!
- I’m extremely lucky to have found a caring nursing home staff. You have the best personality traits, making visiting and staying in the hospital as enjoyable as possible. Thank you so much for always having my interests at heart.
- Thank you for your excellent care. Whether its answering questions, giving emotional support, giving medical advice, you are never found wanting.
- How can I express my appreciation to someone who has given so much of their time and always standing on their feet paying attention to my wellness? I’ll always be thankful to have you in my life. You are awesome!
- Thank you for being a good listener and for helping me to become happy and healthy. You are truly the best!
- I cannot thank you enough for always keeping my family members informed of my health status and for everything you have done to regain my consciousness.
- Thank you so much for your efforts when it comes to consoling, supporting, and comforting my friends and family members while I’m in your care. I’ll never forget the above and beyond follow-up service.
- Thank you so much for giving my mother-in-law an excellent nursing care she deserved. She had a wonderful experience in the nursing home.
Thank You Letter Examples
Thank you for your patience, professionalism, hard work, and commitment to excellent medical care and support. The medications are helpful, and I’m seeing great improvement in my physical and emotional stability. I’m so much relieved. You are such an amazing [doctor/nurse]. Thank you so much for being a positive impact on my life in so many ways.
[Your full name]
I wanted to write to let you know that all your doctors and nurses are reliable, respected, caring, friendly, and fun-loving. If it weren’t for their critical decisions on my state of being in good health, I wouldn’t have regained my independence by now. You are one in a million. Thank you for being kind and caring, not only to me but to my friends and family members while I was confined to sick-bed. Thank you again for everything you have done.
[Your full name]
© 2018 Oyewole Folarin