- Holidays and Celebrations
How to make Christmas cookies?
Christmas cookies are unique because they can be made in varied shapes associated with the festive season. A few recipes for Christmas cookies are listed below.
Christmas Wreath Cookies: The below discussed recipe can make 20 to 25 cookies in about 30 to 40 minutes.Ingredients include:
- Cornflake cereal 4 cups
- Miniature marshmallows 4 cups
- Butter ½ cup
- Almond extract ½ teaspoon
- Cinnamon red-hot candies 2.25 ounce one package
- Vanilla extract ½ teaspoon
- Green food color 1 teaspoon
The steps to make Christmas wreath cookies are as follows:
- Boil the combination of butter and marshmallows in a double boiler until it melts.
- Immediately add almond extract, food color, and vanilla extract to this mixture and then add the cornflakes.
- Stir the mixture well and later place a spoonful of it on a wax paper.
- Put 3 red-hot cinnamon candies on all of these ‘wreath’ cookies and then let them cool.
- Once the cookies have sufficiently cooled, grease the fingers slightly before transferring them.
German Lebkuchen: The below discussed recipe can make 25 to 30 cookies in about 60 to 70 minutes. Ingredients include:
- All-purpose flour 3 ½ cups
- Packed brown sugar ⅓ cup
- Honey 1 ⅓ cup
- Baking soda ½ teaspoon
- Baking powder 1 teaspoon
- Candied mixed fruit 1 cup
- Ground allspice ¼ teaspoon
- Light sesame oil 1 tablespoon
- Ground nutmeg ¼ teaspoon
- Ground cardamom ½ teaspoon
- Ground ginger ¼ teaspoon
- Ground cloves ¼ teaspoon
- Ground cinnamon 2 teaspoons
The steps to make German Lebkuchen are as follows:
- Use cooking spray on the bottom and sides of a baking pan. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Take 2 cups of all-purpose flour and sieve it along with baking soda and baking powder
- Heat honey and brown sugar for about a minute in a microwave. Pour the thick liquid into a big bowl.
- Add the flour to the sugar-honey mixture. Blend well and make sure that lumps do not form.
- To this mixture, add sesame oil, candied fruit, nutmeg, allspice, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, and cardamom.
- Knead this mixture properly.
- Add the rest of the flour to this mixture and then continue kneading.
- Spread the well kneaded dough evenly on the baking pan.
- Bake it for around 20 minutes, till you are able to cleanly remove an inserted toothpick.
- After baking is over, let it remain so for about 20 to 25 minutes. Later, cut it into varied sizes and shapes.
- You may eat the cookies as they are, or frost them with sugar glaze.
Gingerbread Cookies: The below discussed recipe can make 20 to 25 cookies in about 25 minutes. Ingredients include:
- Brown sugar ½ cup
- All-purpose flour 2½ cups
- Ginger powder 1 tablespoon
- Golden syrup ½ cup
- Allspice 1 teaspoon
- Egg with separated yellow and white sections, 1
- Butter at room temperature ½ cup
- Sodium bicarbonate 1 teaspoon
- Melted butter to be used for greasing
- Plain flour to be used for dusting
The steps to make Gingerbread Cookies are as follows:
- Preheat the oven to about 180 degrees Fahrenheit before preparing the dough.
- Beat a mixture of sugar and butter in a bowl till it becomes pale in color along with a creamy texture.
- Now add golden syrup and later egg yolk to this mixture. Keep beating till it becomes well mixed.
- Add sodium bicarbonate, all-purpose flour, allspice, and ginger, and continue mixing until the dough attains an even texture. It is important to knead the dough on a surface with flour.
- Wrap the dough in a wrapping film and refrigerate it for around 30 minutes.
- Take two baking powder sheets and roll the dough between them till it is around ½ centimeters thick.
- Cut the cookies with the help of a gingerbread cookie cutter and put them on the greased baking pans.
- Put the pan in the oven. Bake the cookies for ten to 12 minutes, oruntil they become somewhat brown in color.
- Cool the cookies and eat them as is. You may also opt to use icing on the gingerbread cookies.
Peppermint Snowball Cookies: The ingredients are listed below:
- All-purpose flour 3½ cups
- Powdered sugar 1 cup
- Butter 2 cups
- White chocolate chips, 8 oz.
- Peppermint extract 1½ teaspoon
- Sweetened shredded coconut 1 cup
The steps to make Peppermint Snowball Cookies are as follows:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Microwave the white chocolate chips for around 30 to 40 seconds. Stir and then microwave it repeatedly after a gap of 15 seconds, till it has fully melted.
- Mix powdered sugar and butter in a big mixing bowl till it becomes creamy and then add peppermint extract.
- Gradually add half cups of flour to the mixture till it fully gets assimilated. Refrigerate it for 2 to 3 hours.
- Create 1-inch balls from the dough, put them on a baking sheet, and then bake for around 15 to 20 minutes.
- Cool the cookies, coat them with the melted white chocolate, then roll them on shredded coconut, and wait till the chocolate sets in. Your delicious peppermint snowball cookies are ready.