How to Say I Love You on Valentine's Day & Every Day
Love Words and Ideas for Valentine's and Every Day
How do you say "I Love You" for the first time or the millionth time? Here are lots of ideas for saying these words with loving quotes, love poems, & love notes full of romance and/or fun.
How can you tell a new boyfriend or Valentine you love him? How about your girlfriend, boyfriend, husband or wife? Need the right words for that secret crush?
Get ideas right here!
On this page you will find:
- Love note ideas
- The right words to share your love
- Cute tips and ideas to demonstrate your feelings
Who do you want to tell
A Fun Idea: How to give someone a "Heart Attack"
See #5 on the list below!
Fun Ways to Say and Show Your Love
1) Just say it! I love you!
2) Write a note: "I love you."
3) Cut out a paper heart and hide it in a special place where it will be found.
4) Cut out 500 paper hearts of all sizes and colors. Tape them up all over a room.
5) Give someone a "heart attack" - cut out hearts (about 5" and larger) from thick paper or craft foam. Attach with tape or a hot glue gun to craft sticks (like popsicle sticks). When finished, sneak over to your love's house and stick the hearts-on-a-stick all over the yard by pushing the sticks into the dirt or grass.
6) Write "I Love You" on the bathroom mirror in lipstick.
7) Draw a heart on the bathroom mirror in lipstick.
8) Fill up your love's car, bedroom or ?? with lots and lots of heart-shaped balloons.
9) Send flowers.
10) Bring your love a single rose.
11) Buy a mushy love card.
12) Make a mushy love card.
13) Buy or make a funny love card.
14) Take a walk on the beach.
15) Write "I love you" in the sand at the beach.
16) Plan a candlelight dinner.
17) Make a giant banner out of a roll of butcher paper (they have red, pink, white, etc. at most school supply or larger craft stores)
18) Buy a gift on this page and have it delivered!
19) Write an "I Wuv U" note in childlike handwriting with crayon.
20) Write an elementary-type school note that says "I like you. Do you like me?" [followed with check boxes for Yes, No or Maybe]
21) Heart jewelry says I love you, without words.
22) If appropriate, buy a puppy or kitten for your sweetheart. How fun!
23) Use a special talent of yours; write your love a song, paint a painting, write a poem or ?
24) Give that special someone a heart-shaped bowl full of Hershey's Kisses.
25) Give someone a hug. Sometimes words are not needed.
26) Hold hands.
27) Pack a picnic and take your love to a lovely place.
28) Make or buy a CD of love songs.
29) Text Message: ILY (I Love You)
30) Text Message: U R GR8T (You Are Great)
31) Text Message: Can't W8 2 C U (Can't Wait to See You)
32) Text Message: Be Mine?
33) Text Message: *hugs*
34) Text a heart <3 (arrow, 3)
35) Send an email love note. Write from your heart.
36) Send a free online card from Hallmark.com or Yahooligans
37) Buy a white dry-erase board and put in up where it can be seen daily. Use it to leave notes, draw hearts, and more.
38) Draw hearts and/or write notes on a driveway or sidewalk with pink chalk.
39) Send a romantic gift for no reason.
40) Buy window paint markers. Write and draw loving things on your loved one's car or home windows.
41) Think up cutesy nicknames for each other. Be careful - they might stick!
42) Cuddle up on the couch and watch a romantic movie.
43) Look lovingly into his/her eyes.
44) Plan a special date to do something he or she adores.
45) Leave little love notes in drawers, the glove compartment, a lunch box, in pockets - anywhere!
46) Tape a note to a baseball or bat: You're a homerun, babe.
47) Here's a corny one to write somewhere: "I love you till Niagra Falls"
48) Or how about "I'll love you as long as butter-flies."
49) Leave a note in a unexpected place
50) Yell it from the rooftops!
Did you ever say I Love You to someone who did not say it back? (ouch)
Little Love Note Words & Sentiments to Copy, Tweet, and Use!
(Feel free to use these for little notes to leave around the house or ??)
- Somebody loves you! Guess who?!
- I love you so very much.
- I'm all yours!
- My heart belongs to you.
- You mean the world to me.
- I love your kisses.
- I am so lucky to have you.
- I am so happy to have you.
- Wherever you go, I am there with you.
- Though we are apart, you're always in my heart.
- XOXOXOXOX (hugs and kisses)
- Roses are Red, Violets are Blue, I just might be, Falling for you.
- You melt me.
- You make my head spin and my legs go weak.
- You're the one.
- I love you to the moon and back.
- I think I am falling in love with you.
- I can't wait to see you again.
How often do you say I Love You?
Other Words for I Love You
Share your feelings your way with loving words
1) You are my one and only.
2) You are the love of my life.
3) With every breath I take, I love you more and more.
4) You are my everything.
5) Yesterday I loved you the most I could love anyone, yet today I love you even more.
6) You make my heart go pitter-patter.
7) Roses are red, violets are blue, this is a note…to say I love you.
8) Be my love forever more.
9) I can't imagine my life without you.
10) My hearts aches when we are apart.
11) I care so much for you.
12) It's you and me forever, baby.
13) You are the most beautiful person in the world.
14) Luv ya!
15) I want to spend the rest of my life making you smile.
16) Thank you for loving me.
17) You are so special to me.
18) You are my sweetie!
19) Marry me?
20) Everyday my first thought in the morning and my last thought of the night is of you.
21) You make me smile.
22) I love you so much I feel like my heart will burst.
23) Forever Yours.
24) Always and Forever, I will love you.
25) Every day, in every way, my love for you grows.
26) How do I love you? Let me count the ways.
27) You are my soul mate.
28) Ich liebe dich (German for I love you)
29) Je t'aime (French for I love you)
30) Kimi o ai shiteru (Japanese for I love you)
31) The amo (Spanish for I love you)
32) Vos amo (Latin for I love you)
33) Ya lyublyu tebya (Russian for I love you)
34) Wo ie ni (Chinese for I love you)
35) Jag a"lskar dig (Swedish for I love you)
36) You are the cream in my coffee.
37) You are my perfect match.
38) You take my breath away.
39) I prayed for love and you came into my life.
40) You are my gift from God
41) I Found My Love In You
Words to Use on Homemade Love Notes
To make home crafted notes, simple print or write out special sayings. For a bit of fun and romance, hide them in drawers, a lunchbox, a book, or anywhere else the will be found!
Here are some ideas for love note words:
- Ooh Baby, I love your way.
- My heart is all yours!
- You are so adorable!
- You are so hot! (Tape this to a bottle of hot sauce or Red Hots candies)
- Love you, Babe
- Can't wait to see you!
- I'm thinking about you - right now.
- I am forever yours.
- Good morning, my love.
- Have a great day at work knowing I love you!
- Can't wait until tonight!
- You are so sweet! (Try taping this note to a candy bar)
- Love you now. Love you forever.
- Thanks for being you.
- You are on my mind today.
- You're the love of my life.
- Love you, Sweetie!
- Bee my honey!
Homemade Coupon Ideas
To make homemade coupons for your sweetie:
- Cut some paper into rectangles (red or pink are nice) or layout coupons on your computer to be printed and cut.
- Choose an idea to write or type (from the list below or come up with your own words).
- Consider adding coupon words like "never expires," "subject to availability," "offer good until (date)" to the top and/or bottom.
- Add a dashed line around individual coupons
Here are some ideas for wording:
- This coupon good for one kiss (or maybe more!)
- This coupon good for one hug
- This coupon good for a romantic dinner (with me!)
- This coupon good for a surprise
- This coupon good for a massage
Think about your special person. What kind of coupon would they appreciate?
Have you ever said a very romantic & meaningful I LOVE YOU?
Your words are my food, your breath my wine. You are everything to me.— Sarah Bernhardt
© 2008 JJNW