- Holidays and Celebrations
Apology Card Messages: What to Write in an I'm Sorry Card
What to Write in an I'm Sorry Card
I’m sorry messages can be difficult to write. Shame and regret can overwhelm you to the point where you don't feel like you deserve to be forgiven. If you didn't already feel bad enough you have to stare at a blank spot in a card, knowing that you need to fill it with something good to get the point across that you are sorry.
Write your I’m sorry card with ease with these I’m sorry card messages. These are original apology messages that can be used for your girlfriend, wife, boyfriend, or husband. Edit these to fit your situation and the person, adding needed details to enhance the message. Some of these are funny and witty, but you'll have to decide whether it is appropriate to joke yet. Don’t forget to pick up a box of candy or flowers too, which is usually a good idea. Also read the tips for apologizing which come after the apology message examples.
Funny Apology Message Example
I'm Sorry Card Messages
- If you look up the word sorry in the dictionary, you'll see a picture of me. Then in the caption below the picture it will say, "Also see 'jerk'." Then you can flip back to the word 'jerk' and see another picture of me. That's because I am sorry, and I am a jerk.
- I hope that my regret hurts me more than my actions hurt you, because I am really sorry.
- If I had a time machine, I would go back in time and punch myself in the stomach. That way I could make myself feel the pain of regret before I did something stupid to hurt you.
- I made a poor choice when I decided to hurt you, but now I am hoping that you make a choice against your better judgement to forgive me. I promise not to make a stupid choice again. Will you make an unwise choice and give me a second chance?
- Even though these flowers are very beautiful like you are, I know these can never make up for the ugly things I have done. (Flower apology message)
- I am apologizing to those I've hurt. You are one of those people. I'll consider any shred of forgiveness from you as an undeserved blessing that will help us both move on.
- I know that it has taken a lot of time for me to rack up all the offenses I've committed toward you, so I will patiently await the forgiveness I don't deserve.
- Jesus is the only person who I can be confident to forgive me. I am hopeful that you and I can find reconciliation as Jesus helps change me. (Christian Apology Message)
- If I tried to convince you that you can trust me now and that you should forgive me, then that could be seen as manipulation, so I'll just simply say sorry and depend on your good nature one more time.
- I would rather eat broken glass than hurt you, but it's obvious at this point that I wasn't making good decisions when I hurt you. I am really sorry.
- I had many options in front of me, but I chose unwisely. For that, I am sorry.
- Please tell me how I can make it up to you, and I will do anything.
- I feel horrible about what happened and I want you to know that I am sorry.
- I am sorry that I hurt you, and I would like to ask you for your forgiveness, even though I don’t deserve it.
- I really messed up and wish I could go back and fix it. I am truly sorry.
- I have done some thinking and realize that I was totally wrong. Please forgive me for being wrong.
- I made a decision out of poor judgment, and I wish I could go back and change my decision. Please forgive me.
- I know that God has forgiven me, but I still need your forgiveness.
- It makes me sick when I think about what I have done to you.
- Sometimes there’s nothing you can do to take back what you’ve done, and you just have to ask for forgiveness. Right now is one of those times for me. Please accept my apology.
- I feel like a jerk for hurting you and I don’t know how you could forgive me, but I love you too much to not try. Please forgive me.
How to Say Sorry with a Card
Tips for Saying Sorry
Follow these tips to help your apology go better:
- Wait for the right time to apologize. Time will help put some distance between the hurt of whatever you did and your apology. Don't wait too long though, because then you'll have another reason to apologize.
- Be sincere. Make your message sound like you are really sorry. Start it with "I feel" and admit what you did. Then, when you give the I'm sorry card, make sure the look on your face says you are sorry.
- Don't expect forgiveness right away. If you apologize and the person can't forgive you right away, don't push for forgiveness. Forgiveness is something they can give, but not something you can demand. Sometimes it takes time, so give the person some space if you aren't reconciled right away.
- Don't do the same thing again. An apology is totally useless when you do the same thing to hurt the person again. You've heard the saying, "Actions speak louder than words." Make sure your actions don't erase what you've said.