In Love and Broke on Valentine's Day, try these Inexpensive Ideas!
Inexpensive Ways to Celebrate Valentines Day
If money is tight and you are in love, Valentines Day can be quite a problem. The pressure to spend up big at this time of the year to prove your love to your special person can be daunting. But to show your love to someone, it doesn't have to break the budget or blow out the credit card if you are thoughtful and plan well.
The obvious gifts to give for Valentines day are Chocolate and Flowers but like other special occasions such as Weddings the price often skyrockets for both of these items and can prove to be unattainable. But don't despair there are a number of options.
- So how about a fresh bunch of flowers from a friend or families garden tied with a special bow.
- Or a minature potted rose or Lavender bush,
- or a Blueberry, Raspberry or Strawberry or ornamental chilli plant make a nice gift.
- Or a basket herb garden filled with favorite herbs.
For the Chocolate lover
- home made chocolates can win them over especially filled with favorite fillings
- so to can a batch of melt in the mouth Brownies.
- A trip to a Chocolate shop to enjoy all kinds of Chocolate favorites like Waffles and Chocolate Ice Cream, Chocolate Puddings or Strawberries dipped in chocolate can satisfy almost every palate.
- A picnic under the stars is very romantic but when the weather won't allow an outdoor one why not throw a picnic blanket and some cushions on the floor in front of the fire or heater, light a few candles and add some favorite music to set the mood and fill your basket with her or his favorite goodies such as a homemade pie, a flask of soup with cheese and crusty bread or some mulled wine or hot chocolate. And don't forget the marshmallows which can be carefully roasted on wooden skewers over Candle flames.
- Going out to Dinner doesn't have to cost a fortune either if you do a bit of research. Many cafe's and restaurants offer two for one deals where you pay for one meal and get the other for free or half price and there are many online web sites offering discounted deals which often include meals in local restaurants. Check out your local paper or Google meal deals to see what you can find. Many restaurants offer tasting plates or antipasto plates to share or go to a Tappas or Sushi Bar where the food is delicious fresh and filling and easy on the pocket. And if you look for the BYO sign you can enjoy your favorite wine or beer or cider and it can save a packet instead of expensive restaurant alcohol and then you can afford to buy that special bottle of bubbly to celebrate with.
- And don't forget the idea of a delicious home cooked meal, on beautiful dinner plates, aromatic candles and a good bottle of his or hers favorite beverage served with lashings of love is often the most thoughtful and appreciated gift.
The point is that many people fall into hard financial times and the world is currently feeling the strain of the Global Financial Crisis particularly in some parts of Europe and the US. Spending less is a necessity for many people and there seems to be a collective agreement globally to tighten the Worlds economic belt to try to right the situation. So any one of us may be caught in the next recession web and find it difficult to get out.
So this year with a little bit of hard work and effort Valentines day can be enjoyable even if the budget is tight.
Happy Valentines Day
- How to Tell if You're in Love
Love is a word that's bandied about so freely. When you meet someone new, how do you know if you're in love or not? How to tell if you're in love....here are some ideas.