Invitations for Gaming Party
Gaming party invitation
Need a gaming-themed invitation?
Looking for cute invitations for a birthday party with a gaming theme?
You won't find them, so you'll have to make them. The good news is crafting is fun and you can even enlist some help from the birthday boy or girl to make it a family project.
You're planning a birthday party for a gamer -- a serious gamer, who naturally wants a game-themed birthday party. The problem is that there are no cute invitations to match your theme. Never fear! You can make them yourself with things you may have in your child's craft supplies. Even if you have to buy supplies, you won't spend a lot of money!
What you'll need
- Cardstock (I used purple)
- Scraps of craft foam (I used orange and green, plus some old foam sea creatures left over from my child's craft box)
- Craft Knife
- Hole punch
- Design template (attached as Jpg)
- Craft cutter (optional - scissors will do just fine)
Your opinion: DIY or buy?
When it comes to birthday party invitations for your child's party, do you prefer to make them or buy them?
Step 1: Trim Card
Notes & Tips
- You can use construction paper instead of foam and simply layer the pieces on top of each other.
- Glue sticks don't work well with foam, but some foam has adhesive backing. If using it, eliminate the glue.
More Gaming Party Ideas
Party Food Ideas
Super Mario mushrooms
Cupcakes with dotted frosting
Use white chocolate chips, flat side facing up, to make easy dots
Fruit Ninja fruits
Small oranges, apples, bananas
Leave whole so fruit will stay fresher longer.
Plants vs Zombies
Nutter Butter sandwich cookies dipped in white chocolate make great tombstone toppers. Use frosting to write RIP on each.