- Holidays and Celebrations»
- Birthdays & Celebrations
Justice League Birthday Party Ideas and Themed Supplies
Plan A Super Justice League Themed Birthday Party
It’s fair to say that superheroes are having a bit of a ‘moment’ right now – with the runaway success of films like The Avengers, and new additions to the superhero universe breaking through all the time, being a superhero is the coolest craze of the last few years.
Justice League unites all the most beloved superheroes out there – including Wonder Woman, Batman, Green Lantern and Superman – and with so many characters and themes to explore, planning a Justice League birthday party has never been easier! Follow this guide for tips, inspiration and plenty of resources if you’re thinking of treating your little ones to a crime-fighting, day-saving superhero party!
Justice League Birthday Party Invitations and Ideas
Naturally, invitations make up the first step in the party-planning process – they’re the first glimpse your guests will get of the party’s theme and the concept behind it, so your invitations will need to make an impression! Check out these ideas to make sure yours don’t disappoint:
- Issue a call for all budding superheroes to join the party with this fantastic newspaper-style invitation! The layout offers plenty of space for parents to list the important details about the party, and there’s room for embellishment too! You could write up a story about how your own little superhero recently saved the day, or you could build anticipation by writing about how an evil genius is expected to crash the big party… the sky is the limit, use your imagination!
- This page has some awesome superhero invitations and printouts that you can use if you’re a little short of time or cash. You simply download them to your computer and print them out straight away – simple! You can use your computer to add the details, or you can write them by hand, it’s your choice.
- Amazon also has some great Justice League invitation packs which will prove invaluable if you’re planning a last-minute party. Have them delivered right to your door and get them written up straight away to ensure your guests know the date and location of the event!
Who's your favorite member of the Justice League?
Justice League Birthday Party Decorations and Ideas
Here’s where you can really go wild with your Justice League birthday party – the décor for superhero parties should be nothing less than out of this world!
With so many characters and themes to choose from, attempting to incorporate them all might prove to be a challenge. So why not ask your little one who their favorite superheroes are? Narrowing it down to one or two will enable you to create a more coherent color scheme – for example, Batman is famed for his black and yellow sign, while Superman’s logo uses the primary colors (red, blue and yellow). Green Lantern’s motif is obviously green, while the Flash is distinguishable through his red and yellow logo.
For a real comic-book feel, these chair covers will tick every box (and they’ll keep your precious furniture clean if it all gets a little messy!). You can also string ‘POW!’ and ‘BOOM!’ signs up like bunting to add to the effect – kids will certainly feel like they’re in the comic book itself!
If you’re in need of a quick fix for a last-minute party, there are plenty of decorative options online. This superhero bunting from a seller on eBay will look great strung up within your home or party venue, and this fabulous ‘Welcome’ sign will make guests will right at home as soon as they walk through the door.
Justice League Birthday Cake Decorations and Ideas
There are a plethora of inspirational resources online if you’re struggling for ideas for the perfect Justice League birthday cake.
For those who want to make their own cake for the party but aren’t too skilled with decorations, this layered option is simple and easy to make. The cake itself is plain – the decoration comes from Lego figurines and other embellishments which should be very easy to come by while planning the party!
Those who have cake decorating talents can really go to town on this birthday cake – if you’ve got the patience and the skill, you could create something like this. This incredible tiered cake has a different layer for each superhero, with a unique theme on each tier. We can’t imagine how long something like this would take, but if you really want to push the boat out and impress your guests, this option is the way to go!
For some people, the idea of spending hours making a huge cake, or even spending hundreds on a custom-made cake bonanza is a step too far. If this is the case for you – don’t worry! These cute cupcakes fit perfectly within the superhero theme, and it’s easy to ensure that everyone gets an equal share.
Justice League Birthday Party Food and Drink Ideas
Moving on – time to think about what kind of food and drinks you’re going to serve at the party! Here are some of our top suggestions:
- Batman Biscuits – it’s really easy to find cookie cutters in the shape of Batman’s logo – there are plenty online. Snap one up and use them to create these cute little biscuits, which fit perfectly within the theme (and look pretty tasty too!).
- Caped Popcorn – collect small mason jars and add popcorn to them. Then, using some old material (you can pick some up from the craft store, or use an old t-shirt if you need to) cut out a cape and tie it around the top of the jar, for caped popcorn that kids will go crazy for!
- Justice League S’mores – Target has a fantastic tutorial which will show you exactly how to make delicious Justice League-themed s’mores for the party! Kids and adults alike will simply love these tasty treats.
- Cake Pops – everyone looks cake pops, and it’s really easy to ensure they fit within the theme. This Etsy seller is providing superhero cake pops that are perfect for Justice League-themed parties – snap them up while you can so they’re ready for the big event!
- Drinks Station – giving ordinary drinks exciting superhero names somehow makes them more exciting to drink! Superman Squash, Justice League Juice, Flash Fanta and Cyborg Slush will surely go down a real treat!
How to make The Flash cupcakes
Justice League Birthday Party Favors and Ideas
Party favors are a time-honored tradition – no good host sends their guests home empty-handed! Favors are a nice way to say thank you for coming (and it also saves you from writing thank-you cards up a week later…) and we’ve got plenty of suggestions to get your creative juices flowing!
Superheroes are nothing without their masks, so why not send your little guests home with a homemade mask? They’re so simple to make – you can create a number of different templates to align with each character, then just thread some string through them and hang them up by the door so guests can grab one as they leave!
If you’re thinking of putting together a goodie bag for guests, these adorable templates will tick every box – and you can download them at home! The template comes with instructions for putting the bags together, so all you need to do is fold and stick to create these picture-perfect goodie bags.
These superhero bead designs make a perfect party favor – they’re not too expensive or extravagant, but they’re still special enough to be held onto by all guests! You could thread them onto a keyring, a necklace or a bracelet if you want to really make an impact.
Justice League Birthday Party Games and Activities
What party is complete without some top-class entertainment? Here are our top tips and suggestions to make your Justice League-themed birthday party memorable for all guests:
- Superhero Boot Camp: Set up an assault course in an outdoor space and have your mini superheroes complete the course as fast as they can – call it part of their superhero training! The one who completes the course in the fastest time wins a prize.
- Superhero Statues: Play some music and ask your little ones to fly around the room fighting crime and generally doing superhero-like activities. When the music stops they must freeze on the spot – anyone caught moving is out! The game continues til there’s just one child left standing.
- Mask Making Station: Cut out some templates for superhero masks and set up a crafting station so kids can decorate their own! This allows youngsters to get creative, but make sure there’s always an adult on hand to supervise the station.
So there we have it – your comprehensive guide to throwing a memorable and entertaining Justice League birthday party for your little ones!
Can you think of any ideas that we’ve missed? Perhaps you want to share your own experiences of throwing a Justice League party – get in touch using the comment box below!