- Holidays and Celebrations»
Kids' Halloween Party Food Ideas
Halloween food often features googly eyes, witches fingers, and smashed brains, but if you're having a party for the younger toddler and preschool crowd, you may be interested in some more kid-friendly, wholesome fare.
Here are some ideas for halloween party food ideas that are both healthy (for the most part) and kid-friendly and will appeal to kids and adults alike.
Orange Jack O' Lantern Fruit Cups
These cute and healthy snacks are easy to make and are sure to impress. Scooping out the insides of the oranges takes a bit of work, but it's worth it. Save the insides for some freeze-squeezed orange juice!
- Navel Oranges
- Cantalope (cut into cubes or balls)
- Other fruit (strawberries, kiwi)
- Cut off the top of each orange.
- Using a knife, cut the orange fruit out. Use a spoon to scoop out the orange.
- Carve out fun pumpkin faces on each orange.
- Fill with the cut fruit and grapes.
Spider Cracker Sandwiches
These spiders are fun and easy and are made from ingredients that kids love. This recipe uses cream cheese, but you could also use soy or peanut butter (if no one has peanut allergies).
- Ritz crackers
- Pretzel sticks, broken in half
- Cream cheese
- Frosting bag and tip or ziploc bag
- Spread cream cheese onto the ritz crackers
- Place 6-8 pretzel sticks on top of the cream cheese, arranged as the spider legs, and half of the crackers
- Top each with another ritz cracker (the cream cheese will help serve as "glue")
- Using a frosting bag or ziploc bag with a small hole cut in the corner, pipe the two cream cheese eyes onto each cracker
- Place one raisin on each eye
Orange Food Ideas
Orange is Halloween's color. As an added bonus, there are many great healthy fruits and vegetables that are orange.
- Cheddar cheese cubes
- Baby carrots
- Orange bell pepper slices
Decorate Your Own Halloween Cupcakes
No Halloween party would be complete without some delicious Halloween candy! Finish your party with a cupcake decorating party. The kids will love it and you'll love their creations.
- Candy Corn
- Halloween M&Ms
- Candy pumpkins
- Orange and black sprinkles
- Who am I kidding? Put out the cupcakes, frosting, and candy and let the kids have at it!