- Holidays and Celebrations»
- Birthdays & Celebrations
How to Make a LalaLoopsy Birthday Cake
How to Make a Lalaloopsy Cupcake Cake
Just about every little girl loves that little pink haired rag doll, "Lalaloopsy. " I made this cute, little, Lalaloopsy cupcake cake for my daughter's birthday last year. Not only was it simple to make but pretty fun to do as well. My daughter was so excited that she got to help me frost and put the flowers on the cupcakes.
Below I have some easy to follow directions, on how to make a Lalaloopsy cupcake cake. I hope you have as much fun as we did making this cute little project. There is no greater gift than giving a gift you can share with your family. You can find most of the stuff for this cupcake cake pretty cheap and besides nothing can top the smile on your little one's face when they see the finished product. I hope you have as much fun making this as we did.
- 24 Cupcake Wrappers, whatever design you fell will match with your child's birthday theme
- 2 Boxes of cake mix, whatever flavor or brand you desire
- 2 Containers of frosting, I usually use vanilla because you can change the color easier
- 1 Small tube of orange gel icing, you only need a few drops of this to change the color of your icing
- 24 Toothpicks, you will need one for each cupcake you make
- 1 Large cake board, I just went with a basic one but you can go as fancy as you want
- 1 Lalaloopsy sugar creations, cupcake decorating kit, there are several different characters you can choose from
- 1 tube of pink gel icing, or purple if you prefer that color instead
- 1 Large sheet of parchment paper
- Mix and bake the cupcakes according to the mix you chose, make sure not to over-fill the muffins cup, you want to fill them about half-way. .
- Once they are done baking remove the muffin cup from your pan, place them on some parchment paper and let them cool for a couple of hours, so the frosting doesn't melt.
- While they are cooling take all your vanilla icing put it in a bowl and add about three drops of the orange gel icing to turn the mixture yellow, make sure to mix it well so you get a nice even color.
- Once your cupcakes are cooled start putting on your frosting mixture make sure you get a nice even coverage on the entire cupcake.
- Now take the pink gel frosting and put three rings on each cupcake having the smallest one close to the center and biggest one close to the edge.
- Now it's time to use your toothpicks, make sure to use a new toothpick for each cupcake. Start by taking the toothpick from the corner to center making sure you wipe the tip off with each stroke you make. Keep each line about an inch apart, once you get all the way around the cupcake you should have what looks like a flower. Finish this off with a pink dot of gel icing on each cupcake.
- Once you are finished with this, line up your cupcakes on your cake board putting two rolls of four on the top, two rolls of three, three rolls of two and two more rolls of two placed to the side at the bottom.
- Place the Lalaloopsy cupcake kit on top of the cupcakes gently then outline it with the pink gel icing.
This is the video I got the flower Idea from
You don't have to be some big time cake decorator to make this Lalaloopsy cupcake cake. Plus your little ones will get a kick out of being able to help you make this cute little creation. There are a couple of different variations you can design on your cupcakes as well. But for this cake, I just picked a design I thought would be cute and simple, so me and my daughter could work on it together.