- Holidays and Celebrations»
- Birthdays & Celebrations
Law School Graduation Gifts - Briefcases - Traditional Gifts for Law School Graduates
Choosing a gift for a law school graduate can be a daunting task. Here are some traditional law school graduate gifts based upon gifts that several of my attorney friends and recent law school graduate friends received upon graduation and truly appreciated (in some cases, still appreciate) to this very day.
This article will give you some law school graduate gift ideas for any price range, whether it be $50 dollars, $100 dollars, or $250 dollars and up.
Law School Graduation Gifts Tips
- Traditional law school graduate gifts are typically conservative and you don’t have to get wildly creative (unless you want to!).
- No matter your price range, there are many wonderful gifts for law school graduates that you’re family member, friend or colleague, will certainly appreciate.
- Quality leather accessories are well appreciated. (Read more below for ideas)
- Appearance is important. Attorneys and law firms know that a professional, neat appearance is crucial when dealing with clients or in the courtroom. Avoid buying accessories that are inexpensive and opt for another type of gift. Accessories are great gifts, but quality shouldn’t be sacrificed for price.
- If all else fails (or you’re short on time), purchase them a gift card to a department store such as Dillard’s or Nordstrom, where they can use it for purchasing professional clothing to improve (or start!) their professional wardrobe.
One of my friends is a defense attorney who spends a lot of time in the court room. His job is obviously very stressful, but he told me that simply looking at the leather briefcase that his parents purchased for him as a law school graduation gift several years ago is a comforting reminder of what he’s accomplished in order to get to where he is.
Leather briefcases are probably one of the most traditional law school graduate gifts. They are absolutely crucial for organizing documents and a quality briefcase will help contribute to a professional appearance as well as last for many years.
Prices for leather briefcases certainly vary dependent upon the quality and durability of the leather. As such, you typically will want to spend a minimum of $250 to ensure that your gift can withstand high wear as well as add style and professionalism to your graduate’s professional wardrobe.
Here are several recommended briefcases (for men and women) that can be researched more on the website amazon.com.
Law School Gift Idea - Leather Portfolios
If a leather briefcase is more then what you intended to spend, a leather portfolio is definitely another viable option. There are many types of leather portfolios available, not all are of the same caliber. It is recommended to choose one that is black.
Luxury Leather Desk Sets
Law School Gift Idea - Leather Desk Accessories
Leather desk accessories are also another wonderful idea for your law school graduate. Since there are many to choose from, it would be nice top purchase an entire set or a versatile piece that will work with any décor. Another idea is to share the cost of an entire desk accessory set in order to cut down on costs.
Law School Gift Idea - Engraved Pen Set
An engraved pen set is a wonderful personalized gift that will be used for years to come. Make sure to choose a pen from a reputable source that offers refills or else your gift will become useless once your graduate runs out of ink.