Make Your Own Deadpool Costume - DIY Halloween Costume Ideas - Homemade How To
WHO IS DEADPOOL?
Before The Costume Ideas, Find Out Who Deadpool Is
DEADPOOL is everyone’s favorite “Merc with a Mouth”—Marvel Comics really pegged it right when they introduced this badass character who could break the fourth wall in February of 1991. This Regenerating Degenerate Wade Wilson was first depicted as a psycho supervillain but has since mutated into lovable antihero. Having scored the smash-hit standalone film (released in February 2016, please go see it, but leave your kids at home), Ryan Reynolds brings this character to life flawlessly for Deadpool Devotees.
How Deadpool Spent Halloween
DEADPOOL'S SUPERHERO ABILITIES
Deadpool's Superhero Abilities
- Deadpool has survived complete incineration and multiple violent decapitations thanks to his superhuman healing ability, as well as being artificially gifted the ability to regenerate destroyed tissue at an incredible rate.
- His brain cells are similarly affected, the dying neurons being replaced at an accelerated rate. This allows him to sustain head wounds that would kill a normal person, as well as make him invulnerable to psychic and telepathic attacks.
- Thanks to this regenerative property, it’s extremely difficult for him to become intoxicated, however he can be affected by certain drugs (like tranquilizers) if the dose is large enough.
- Despite having died several times, Deadpool is essentially immortal. He can still be found running his mouth 800 years in the future when the new X-Force encounters him.
Deadpool's Skills And Tools
As far as Deadpool's skills and gadgets go…
- Deadpool is a highly-trained and experienced cutthroat, expert in many forms of martial arts.
- He’s a talented swordsman, being armed with two razor-sharp Katanas (hilariously named either Bea & Arthur or Hall & Oates).
- He’s a deadeye with a gun, an expert marksman.
- Though once Deadpool was depicted as having superhuman strength, it was short lived.
- He is multilingual, as seen in Reynolds’s portrayal in the 2009 film X-Men Origins: Wolverine (Known languages include German, Spanish, American Sign Language and Japanese)
- Occasionally he’s seen with a magic satchel which contains unlimited weaponry and ammunition.
- Arguably Deadpool’s most awesome feature is his self-awareness. He’s fully cognizant of the fact that he’s a fictional antihero—this grants him the ability to gain knowledge that he wouldn’t normally have access to (by reading past issues of his own comic books and his own Wikipedia page.)
The Deadpool Costume
Here's the costume we all know and love! The red and black jumpsuit, this costume includes a deluxe muscle chest piece, a jumpsuit, and mask... you add the daggers (sai) and the swords (katana).
Finally, Deadpool's Costume
- Deadpool wears a fully-concealing costume—Wade Wilson was diagnosed with cancer, and while his abilities (both natural and artificially endowed) managed to save his life, left him horribly scarred and disfigured.
- The costume has changed very little since his introduction—the signature red suit with black accents and eye-patches has pretty much dominated his entire career…which is fine by his slew of enthusiastic fans.
You can easily recreate this look with a red zentai jumpsuit and black duct tape. You can make Deadpool's weapons, the katana and the sai (sword and daggers) using simple materials like foil, cardboard and paper. Check out the video tutorials below to find easy how to steps.
Make Your Own Deadpool Costume With This Video Tutorial!
MAKE A KATANA
How To Make Deadpool's Katana (Sword)
HOW TO MAKE A SAI
How To Make Deadpool's Sai (Dagger)
More Deadpool Fun? How To Draw Deadpool
Well, you've learned how to make your own Deadpool costume and you also found how to make his weapons videos above. Here's another fun idea - learn how to draw Deadpool with this how to video that shows you step by step instructions. I am not an artist by any means, but I always find these how to draw videos pretty easy to follow. I've been happy with some of my picture results, give it a try. You might discover a hidden talent you never realized you had...or you just might have lots of fun trying.
How To Draw Deadpool
The Deadpool Quizview quiz statistics
Deadpool Counting Bullets
Deadpool Is A Smart Ass & Here Are Some Of His Quotes!
Do you remember any of these quotes from our favorite bad/good guy?
- There's no easy way to say this...I'm pregnant Trevor!
- Crime's the disease, meet the cure. Okay, not the cure, but more like a topical ointment to reduce the swelling and itch.
- Ahhhh. I'm touching myself tonight.
- Negasonic Teenage... what the shit? That's the coolest name ever!
- Daddy needs to express some rage.
- Hashtag drive-by
- Okay guys, I only have twelve bullets, so you're all going to have to share!
- I should've come and found you sooner, but the guy under this mask, he ain't the same one that you remember.
- My romantic rival, Bandhu. He's tied up in the trunk. I'm doing as you said, DP. I plan to gut him like a polluted fish, then dump his carcass on Gita's doorstep.
- You're probably thinking, "My boyfriend said this was a superhero movie but that guy in the suit just turned that other guy into a fxxxxxx kabab!" Well, I may be super, but I'm no hero. And yeah, technically, this is a murder. But some of the best love stories start with a murder. And that's exactly what this is, a love story. And to tell it right... I gotta take you back to long before (his words, not mine!) I squeezed this ass into red spandex.
- Pull my finger. No, not off!
The New Mutants February 1991 Meet Deadpool
Find Out More About Deadpool In The Comics
You can find a plethora of information about Deadpool in the comics. This anti-hero was introduced to us in 1991 by Marvel Comics. Deadpool was created by Rob Liefeld, a writer and an artist, and Fabian Nicieza, a writer. Deadpool's first appearance was in a comic titled "The New Mutants #98". Deadpool has had a rough time of it. He is known as the "Merc with a mouth" because he talks a lot of crap all the time and he can see out of the comic book page with full knowledge that he himself is a fictional comic character and break out of the fourth wall into our world. He knows he is a comic and he makes fun of it.
Funny, volatile, angry, unstable, psychotic, pansexual are all words that have been used to describe this character. Some of the comic books you can find him in are:
- Deadpool Vol. 1
- Deadpool Vol. 3
- Deadpool Kills The Marvel Universe
- Uncanny X-Force Vol. 1
- 5 Ronin #1-4
- Suicide Kings
- Sins of the Past
- New Mutants
- X Force