Ten Tips for Making the Best Spa Gift Baskets
The Best Spa Gift Baskets Include Luxury Products
How to Make Them Unique and Special
Crafting for the holidays can add to the rush of the season, as well as the creative energy that makes this time of year festive. A popular crafting activity for many, at any time of the year, is the creation of hand-made gift baskets.
Gift baskets are fun to make and, if done well, provide some of the best gifts presented to the happy recipient. Spa gift baskets for women are especially well-received because women love to pamper themselves. By using sweet-smelling bath products and toiletries, women enjoy feeling relaxed and refreshed. Women adore being made to feel special with a uniquely made spa gift basket that will last for months of self-pampering.
Hand-Made in Time for Any Occasion
If you love to provide a product to those who are looking for a special gift for a loved one during the holidays, try making unique, one-of-a-kind spa gift baskets. The following tips will help you to ensure that the gift baskets you create will place a smile on the face of a woman who will enjoy receiving a gift made just for her.
As a spa basket maker for my church's annual Christmas bazaar, silent auctions, and other occasions, I have discovered that these tips help to create original baskets that customers look forward to every year. They make the perfect gifts for co-workers, business associates, office staff, sick and shut-ins, and elderly housebound. They can be especially popular as Easter gifts for adults.
A Request for Rose-Scented Spa Products
Gift Basket Crafting and Artistry
What types of gift baskets do you enjoy making?
Ten Tips for Making the Best Spa Gift Basket
- Think of your goal as creating a piece of art which includes a sampling of spa products; the recipient may want to use the basket as an accent piece for the bathroom or parlor before she opens it for use.
- Find out what your gift recipient likes in terms of fragrances, colors, and bath product preferences in order to create a custom basket; you might end up getting a repeat customer.
- Pay special attention to your choices of color combinations, ribbon textures, and wrapping technique; pulling it all together must be appealing to the eye.
- Look for the best items for filling your basket throughout the year; many specialty stores carry items like baskets, candles, accessories, colored tissue and stuffing papers, ribbon, etc. These are great buys you might miss if you look for your supplies only at certain times of the year.
Heart-Shaped Baskets with a Color Scheme
5. Try to make spa baskets that are different from what can be found in the store by using creative wrapping techniques, unusually shaped baskets, or hard-to-find contents.
6. Use a theme to create a unique basket, e.g., Christian-themed by adding prayer cards or bibles; stress reduction themes by adding self-help books on meditation, aromatherapy items, and teas; a parenting theme with pamphlets on parenting tips; or teacher appreciation themes for favorite teachers.
7. In addition to buying bulk, peruse the clearance sections of high-end discount department stores to find unique, quality products; discount and dollar stores also carry accessories to accent your baskets. House ware stores, as well as linen and bath stores, have good buys to accessorize your gift basket.
The Best Gift Basket Contain Great Finds
Christian Themed Basket has a Focal Point
8. For hard to remove price tags attached with glue, use either alcohol or oil dabbed on a cotton square; patience is key to carefully removing stubborn price tags by peeling slowly and gingerly. Clear sticky adhesive is the most difficult to remove and takes time. The best way to remove it is by using a piece of the adhesive to stick to itself.
9. For larger baskets, arrange items in the basket to create a focal area to catch the eye; tie your ribbon over this focal point to show a special item or theme of the basket.
10. Take advantage of the opportunity to advertise by letting your friends and associates know that you make special gift baskets for all occasions; you are more likely to get special orders from those who know you personally, have seen your work, and are more likely to recommend you to make a special gift. Of course, a business card and website would be the best ways to advertise a growing business for profit.
Giving Gift Baskets on Special Occasions
What was the last occasion for which you gave a gift basket?
Make Baskets with Assorted Themes and Wrappings
Rich Color Combinations Enhance a Unique Look
Start Making Your Own
As you make your gift baskets and expand your knack for creativity, have fun with it. Enjoy your craft as you develop a hobby for the love of crafting or for growing a business from which you can profit.
Establishing a format for success is essential for getting the most out of any undertaking or business venture.
It is hoped that the ten tips offered for you to follow will help you develop your own personal format. Each tip will increase potential for creating unique spa gift baskets for women or gift baskets for any occasion. Enjoy!
Crafting for Fun or Profit
Helpful Gift Basket Information
Did you find this article helpful? Did it answer your questions about making gift baskets?
© 2013 Janis Leslie Evans