Monster High Halloween Costume :: Frankie Stein, Lagoona Blue, Draculaura, & Clawdeen Wolf
How to Create a Monster High Costume
The Monster High book series by Lisi Harrison and the subsequent Mattel promotion has made these characters popular for Halloween Costumes. Of course you can buy a Monster High Costume, but this one is easy to create on your own - and it will look more realistic too!
Because these RADs (Regular Attribute Dodgers) try to fit in with the "normies", they tend to dress like them too. Cute fashionable clothes are called for in these costumes. Since these are Halloween costumes you can combine clothes for a little bit more of a funky look than normal.
- Try pairing things like knee-high socks with boots or a platform shoe.
- Layer on the necklaces & scarves.
- Pinks, blues & purples are the most popular colors with these Ghouls
Toralei Stripe is one of the newer characters in Monster High, and she has a style that is all her own. She is a daughter of Werecats and, as you can see, is a fan of the color orange. Using these elements when putting together a homemade Toralei costume will get you a long way.
Let's see ... One of the most noticeable features of Toralei's is her short orange striped hair-do. Because of this, a wig is probably necessary to pull off a Toralei costume. Keep in mind that if you find a wig that is the right color, but has too long of hair, you can just give the wig a hair cut!
Next is her make up. Cat-eye make up is a must. Then using make up pencils, you can draw the tiger-like stripes on your face.
To complete the costume, wicked long nails will add a finshing touch!
New Monster High Episodes
Monster High Frankie Stein Costume
The Frankie Stein costume is all about the neck bolts, black streaked hair & slightly green skin tint, and scars. She also has one blue eye and one green eye, which can be achieved through colored contacts if desired.
- Assemble your cute outfit complete with accessories. Hats, scarves, belts, necklaces can be used. The cartoon character wears a tie, so if you have one that works with your outfit you can use it.
- Shoes - these don't have to be crazy platforms, just something a little bit funky or rock n roll.
- If you have blond hair, all you will need is some temporary spray in black hairspray. If you don't, you can wear a wig & add streaks of black in it.
- Neck bolts - you can buy these at most costume shops
- Make-up - traditional face paint will work, or make your own face paint
- Monster High Wii Game
Monster High comes to the Wii! Put this one on your Christmas wish list. You'll get to compete for the Scream Queen while creating your own ghoulish character!
Frankie Stein Costume Outfit
This year you will find lots of Frankie Stein Costume sizes in stores, but you don't even have to buy one!!
Here is how you can make your own -
Option 1 :
- Plaid tunic
- Funky Belt
- Jeans / leggings
- Black boots
I love this option because you are not just buying a Halloween costume - they are actual clothes they can wear anytime.
Option 2 :
- Black and white striped dress w/ skull & crossbones
- Fishnet tights
- Black glitter shoes
Head over to the craft section of your favorite discount or fabric store. Pick up one of those stick-on glitter skull & crossbones stencils and put it on the dress. Paired with the fishnet tights really make this a perfect Monster High Halloween Costume (for less than the actual costume!)
Option 3 : Okay, so maybe you don't have anything in your closet to complete a Monster High outfit... look for something more generic like a ...
- Cheerleader Costume
This is a great option for Frankie Stein who joins the cheer leading team (or Fear Squad)
The Draculaura costume seems to be very popular as well, and was quickly out of stock last year. Instead, you can easily adapt any vampire costume to be Draculaura. Just add:
- Long dark hair with pink stripes.
- A heart tattoo on the cheek.
- Pale skin.
Monster High Draculaura Costume
To create a good Draculaura costume, you need some fangs & a heart tattoo on your cheek. Long dark hair will complete this look. Use face paint for a white complexion, red lips, and a pink streak through the bangs will finish this Monster High Costume.
Do you think they should make a Monster High Movie?
Monster High Lagoona Blue Costume
A Lagoona Blue costume has a few more details that are a bit trickier to work into a costume, but definitely can be done. (There wasn't even an official costume last year!) Some of her most distinguishing features are the fins on her legs, the dots on her cheeks around the bottom of her eyes, her webbed fingers, and of course - her long curly hair.
Costume ideas -
- white go go boots
- wear fishnet on legs, and even on the arms
- the fins on the legs can be created from almost anything, then sew or glue them onto a legging or a pair of tights.
- carry a fishbowl & fish around. (She has a pet Piranha, called Neptuna)
- use make up to make the dots under her eyes
- a long blond wig will bring this costume to life
Monster High Clawdeen Wolf Costume
Clawdeen Wolf Costume is pretty easy to create on your own. Her distinguishing characteristics are her ears on the top of her head, her 'dog collar' necklace, her teeth, and her purple striped knee boots.
Costume ideas -
- instead of the knee boots, try using purple and black striped knee socks
- use a dog or wolf ear headband and add your own earrings to it
- a bedazzled dog collar
- add a collar of fur to your outfit
- use make up to create the look of fangs on the bottom lip
- Zoobles and Zoobels Habitats are Adorable New Toys
If your child loves Littlest Pet Shop type toys, the new Zoobles pets will be a big hit with them. These little guys pop open sort of like a Bakugan character. They have pretty little happitats to live and sleep in too.
- New Sing-a-ma-jigs Toys 2011
There are new Singamajig coming out this year! Disney characters Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse will be released soon.
- Have you ever played Cuponk?
Cuponk! is a cool game that is a great gift for both boys and girls in the 10-15 year old age range. A fun game to play when hanging out with friends.