New Baby Congratulations Messages: What to Write in a Card to Parents and Grandparents
Smiles. Hugs. Toes. Little Laundry. Soft. Happy. Newness of Life.
Whether or not you have kids of your own, the birth of a new life is an amazing event. A note given or sent to the parents of a newborn is a special card to write. Most parents tend to keep all notes and cards given to their new baby in a treasured album or scrapbook, so, you'll want your words to be meaningful.
The excitement of a new baby is hard to summarize with just words, so I'm starting you out with some ideas below. Use them or change them a bit and make them your own. Writing a message to the parents of a newborn is one of the most fun messages you'll get to write in a card. Enjoy writing something special to the new baby's parents and then get on to enjoying the new baby!
Sweet Baby Saying and Messages
1. Hugs. Kisses. Counting Toes. What is sweeter than a new baby? Congratulations on the addition to your family.
2. A little bit of Mom and little bit of Dad, and Wallah! Perfection in a baby! Can't wait to hold him (her).
3. Wrap them tight. Sing to them sweetly. Love them forever. Congratulations on your new bundle of wonderfulness.
4. His dad's feet, his mom's good looks, new baby smell. Can't beat the combo. I love her (him) already.
5. Pinch the cheeks, rub that belly, check out that hair. Repeat for at least 2 years. Actually, make that forever.
6. So much cuteness squeezed in such a small package. Babies are wonderful.
7. Sweetness in a teeny-tiny-itty-bitty blanket... Can't wait to hold your new baby.
8. The world became sweeter today: another Springer (insert family name here) was born!
9. Would you mind if I ask to be included on any emails involving pictures of your new sweet baby? I can't get enough.
10. I used to think it cheesy when people referred to a new baby as a miracle, but seeing you and seeing your new baby makes me understand that new life is truly one of the best miracles of all time.
Humorous Sayings and Message for the New Baby and His/Her Parents
1. He looks just like Daddy. Oh no.
2. Imagine how cute the little laundry will be. Little tumbling pink socks, onesies, and tutus. Almost a reason to look forward to laundry day.
3. Watch out, another Springer (your name here) was added to the world today!
4. I heard your trip out was a rough one. Be good to your Mom from here on out, ok?
5. They say babies are expensive and you'll soon see why: it's so hard to resist buying all the itty-bitty-cutesy-wootsy things they make for babies these days.
6. Look at that hair! Bring on the gel and curlers!
7. Take a lot of pictures now. When he is about 13, you'll need to remember his innocent stage.
8. Do you mind if my nickname for him is Little Pickle?
9. Excited. Happy. Overwhelmed. Exhausted. And that's just me. Hope you are you holding up well with having the new baby.
Ideas for Grandparents
1. Seeing you now, holding your baby, encapsulates all things good and pure and lovely. The happiness you show, the perfection of the new baby, the excitement and wonder of new life. What a special moment this is for me as both a parent and a grandparent.
2. I didn't think this was possible, but I must admit he (or she) is even cuter than you were as a baby.
3. Let the spoiling begin!
4. When I first held you, I thought my heart could never be happier. Then I felt it again when your brother was born. Now, as I hold your baby, I know my heart could not be more full. Congratulations on your new baby. Your growing family is a blessing to my life.
5. Can you make a few more of these? They are so wonderful.
6. I'll start praying that she is just as spunky as you were as a child. You really deserve to know what it was like to be around you as a toddler. And I mean that in the best way possible.
7. When can we have a sleep over?
8. With this new baby, our family's story continues. Couldn't be happier for you and all connected to you on this special day.
To Parents of Newborns or Multiples
1. Twins: double the cuteness, double the crying, double the hugs, overflowing love. So happy for you.
2. Just look at it this way: as soon as they learn to talk, they will be able to complain to each other about you behind your back.... every kid needs someone like that.
3. "Best friends for life" has already started with this duo. So glad you get to see them and hold them together now. Many special moments of you seeing them grow together and many years of closeness for them to come.
4. If they stay looking this much alike, you are going to have a lot of fun playing tricks on teachers and friends on April Fool's Day.
5. Triplets. You are an amazing woman. You've already pulled off an amazing story. Now the real fun begins, caring for 3 precious little people at once. What an incredible adventure you have ahead of you!
6. Please remember you are only one person and you can only do so much. Two babies will be tiring, but yield more joys. Please ask for help when you are tired or need a friend. I am always available to show love to you or your babies, anytime day or night.
7. I wonder how many times you will have to hear the question, "Are they twins?" in the years ahead. Answer proudly, knowing being a parent of multiples is a difficult one. Your tired eyes may answer for you, but please remember you were a part of a double miracle. A rare and precious journey.
Other Helpful Websites on the Topic:
1. A site with 40 ideas
2. This site includes e-cards to send
3. Quotes and saying specific to the birth of a baby BOY
Need a Good Laugh?
Need to get yourself in the mood for meeting a new baby? Some people, gasp, dread meeting a new baby. They may think that babies are too draining, too demanding, or just not worthy of all the attention they get.
Watch this video of 10 babies laughing. While the newborn won't laugh when you meet him or her for the first time, may it be a reminder to you that good, and cute, and hilarious things are to come with that new addition to your life and the world.