- Holidays and Celebrations»
- Birthdays & Celebrations
Party Ideas for Men
It's hard to plan a party for a man.
You: What kind of party do you want, dear?
Your Husband: I don't know. Surprise me.
It's frustrating, but please -- don't fall prey to the passive-aggressive urge to buy him a purple tie, yet again.
Check out these fun party ideas for men. Odds are, there's something here that you and the gamer, sports fan or music lover in your life will enjoy.
Does your husband spend more time saving Gotham, than saving your overgrown lawn? Help your guy express his inner superhero by throwing him a gamer party.
If his favorite game has been made into a movie, you might be able to find themed decorations at a party store, but even if you can't, there are pah-lenty of fan art items that can be printed from the web and turned into party decor.
- Medieval attraction
- Restaurant atop Gotham's highest building
- Brooding manor house (cave optional)
- Restaurant near a Sci-fi convention
- Paintball field
- Renaissance Festival
- Subscription to gamer magazine
- Tickets to the next Con
- Costume from his favorite game
- Gamer jewelry
- Game computer/speakers/memory upgrade
- Framed prints from his favorite movie
In some ways, a sports fan is easy to plan a party for, but not so easy if you don't want to fall back on the usual cliches, such as clothing plastered with his team's logo. Try to think outside the box this year!
You can easily find team logo party decorations at a party store, but why not go a step further?
- Buy matching team jerseys for each partygoer
- Make a "scoreboard" with your man's ascending age
- Make party favor bags made of small game items such as golf pins, hand chalk or a wad of candy "chewing tobacco."
Sports Fan Venues
Try these ideas for a sports-themed party venue:
- Party room at a sports-themed restaurant
- Golf resort clubhouse
- Bowling alley
- Fitness club
- Rented party room at a stadium, or
- Rented skybox at a stadium (if you really want to splash out)
Sports Fan Gift Ideas
Don't resort to logo merchandise this year for your sports fan's party. Why not give him:
- His favorite player's autograph
- One of those scary-realistic football or basketball video games
- Deep-sea fishing junket
- Lessons from a pro
- Yearly membership to a golf course or bowling alley
- Subscription to a fan or sports mag/membership website
- Tickets to the *big* game.
- Race car driving experience
What man doesn't have his favorite music genres and groups? You can trace his favorite band's logo and use it to make party favors. Use posters (band posters, concert posters, club posters) to decorate. You might even use them on your invitations!
Music Lover Venues:
- Restaurant with rock/country/jazz theme
- Rented room in your city's symphony hall (possible in some places.)
- Famous club in your town
- Outdoor concert on the lawn
- Party boat/steamboat/bus
- Rented party room in a large theater, after the concert
Music Lover Gift Ideas
- Signed artist memorabilia
- Framed tickets from a legendary concert
- Tickets to an upcoming concert
- Instrument (if he plays)
- Recording session at a local studio
- Group-logo leather jacket/cap/jewelry
- Photoshopped poster showing him posing with the band, or on the "cover" of a music mag
Thank you once again to all the talented women who made these amazing cakes! I appreciate their permission to share them here.
What was your best idea ever when planning a party for your husband, boyfriend, father or son?