- Holidays and Celebrations»
- Themed Parties
Party Themes - Black and White Ball
Recommended for: Sweet 16’s and Quencienta Celebrations
A Black and White Ball is the perfect way to play up the glitz and the glamor of bygone eras. Ask your guests to wear their most fancy black and white dresses or to dig out their dad’s tux and let the celebration begin.
Idea 1 - Get high quality black scrapbook paper and a few white gel pens. Then put your best handwriting to work and write out each invitation.
Idea 2 - Cut an 8 1/2" x 11" piece of white cardstock into quarters and cover each piece with a black lace overlay and glue it in place. Then Cut an 8 1/2" x 11" piece of white card stock into 7 1/2" x 10" and then cut that piece into four pieces with you party invitation printed on each one. Glue one piece to the center of each piece of card stock that is covered with black lace.
Idea 3 - Find postcards printed in black and white with monuments like the Eiffel tower or starlets of the 40’s and 50’s. On the back of each one write out your invite.
- Cut out card stock stars in black, white and silver. Using fishing line hang them from the ceiling.
- At the entrance on a large easel have a black poster board and silver and white pens for the guests to leave birthday wishes and congratulatory notes for the guest of honor.
- On the tables use white table cloths with black lace over or black table cloths with white lace over them.
- Black Top Hats with balloons in silver, white and black tied to them make excellent centerpieces
- Drape walls in white net Christmas lights with black lace over them to hide the wires
- Leave disposable cameras with black and white film around the room
Name that tune
- depending on the group people can play as individuals or as a table. Play five to ten seconds of a classic swing or big band tune. Give one point for the right tune, one for the artist and a bonus one for the decade. The team with the most points after 10 - 15 songs wins.
- Make black, white, and silver ribbon necklaces. As everyone arrives, give them one. Pick a word that can’t be said it could be “birthday”, the guest of honors name or something else entirely. If another guest hears someone say the forbidden word, they can take their ribbon necklace from them. The person with the most ribbons at the end of the evening, or whatever time you set for this event to conclude, wins!
Black and White Trivia
- Come up with a list of questions for a trivia game that all have to do with black and white films. An example could be “What was the first color film?” or Who stared in Casablanca?”
Finger Sandwiches - Use marble, white and rye bread
Pizza - Top with White cheese and black olives
Chicken - Chicken Brest served with black bean sauce
Fondue - Have both white and dark chocolate available
Chocolate Strawberries - Covered in white or dark chocolate
- Hershey kisses in sliver foil in a fluted champagne glass
- Black and White Jelly beans