- Holidays and Celebrations»
- Birthdays & Celebrations
Party Themes - Madeline
Has the little school girl known as Madeline stolen your heart of the heart of your own little girl? Well then ad so Parisian flair to her next birthday party with these ideas that will bring Madeline, Pepito, and Miss Clavell to life.
Ages 4 - 8
- Buy a veriety of post cards with Parisian monuments and atractions on them and write the party information on the back before mailing them
- On the front of a standard card have a picture of Madeline’s house with the words “In an old house coverd in vines, (Child’s Name) said...” and on the inside put the words in a large font “IT’S PARTY TIME”. In a smalled font put the party details.
- Patriotic swags in Red, White and Blue
- French Flags
- Use dark butcher paper to cut out a large Eiffel tower for the wall
Games and Activities
At the Louvre
- Set up a table with a canvas and small easel for each child and pains for everyone to share. You may also want to have smocks or have them bring one of their parents old tee shirts that can get messy. Let them paint their own painting but also have print outs of some classic Impressionist art work if they want to “copy the masters”
- Madeline called her neighbor Pepito a “bad hat” make good hats by giving every child a plastic hat from a party store and paints, glitter, and sequins to decorate it.
- At one point Madeline’s dog Genevieve gets lost. Hide a toy dog before the party and the first child to find the toy is the winner and gets to take Genevieve home.
- Croissant sandwiches
- A variety of French cheeses
- mini quiches
- Fruit cups
- Cake that looks like Madeline’s hat. Stack two circle cakes on top of each other with the one on top being smaller. Frost it yellow and tie a red ribbon around it.
- Red hair bows
- Old fashioned candy ribbons
- Little plush golden retrievers with a name tag that reads Genevieve
- Small French Flags