Party Themes - Where the Wild Things Are
Is your toddler itching for a “Wild Rumpus”? Well go for it with this party theme inspired from one little boy and his gang of Wild Things.
Recommended for: Ages 3-5
Idea 1 - Get paper crowns from burger king or a party store and spray paint them gold like the one that Max has in the book. On the back/inside write the party information and have your child’s pre-school classmates wear their invites home on their head
Idea 2 - Print out monster coloring pages from the internet and write the party information on the back. Be sure to include a few crayons with the invite.
- If you can find them, have your child wear a pair of white footie pajamas
- Decorate the ceiling with blue and yellow streamers
- If possible have your party out doors with nature as decoration and plenty of space to “GO WILD”
Games and Activities
Max and The Wild Things
- One child is Max (It) while the others are all Wild Things. The Wild Things hide while Max goes and finds them one by one. When the last child is found that “Wild Thing” is the new Max.
- Gold crowns with numbers on them are placed on the ground in a circle. As music plays the children walk in a circle and when the music stops a number is called out and the child on that spot gets a small prize.
- Have the children act out a Wild Rumpus (whatever they think it would be) as the music plays but when the music is paused they must freeze. If someone moves they are out untill only one child is left.
- Cupcakes decorated to look like varioud Wild Things
- Sail boat shaped cookies
- Max didn’t get dinner but the birthday child should get their favorite
- Gold Crowns
- Paperbacks of the book
- Toy sail boats
Other Party Ideas
- Party Themes - Madeline
Has the little school girl known as Madeline stolen your heart of the heart of your own little girl? Well then ad so Parisian flair to her next birthday party with these ideas that will bring Madeline, Pepito, and Miss Clavell to life.
- Party Themes - Dr. Seuss
Oh the fun we’ll have! Silly rhymes about hopping on pop and counting fish are the basis for this fun birthday theme for your little one.