- Holidays and Celebrations»
- Themed Parties
Party Themes - Old West
Recommended for - Birthdays ages three to eight
Travel back to the old west, to the time of train robbers and and saloons, native americans and cowboys, with this fun party theme.
- Print out the party information on western themed stationary
- Make a wanted poster with a picture of the birthday child on it with something like “WANTED: friends and family to come celebrate Tyler’s 6th birthday” printed below. On the back be sure to include information such as the date, time and location.
- Purchase cow bells at a party store and with a sharpie print all of the party information on the outside of the bell. Have your child hand deliver them to all of their friends AFTER school is out so that you don’t have your child's teacher upset with you.
- Decorate the walls with cardboard cut outs of horse shoes
- Place bales of hay around the room for extra seating
- You and your child should be decked out in your best western gear and hand out bandanas and cowboy hats to your guests
- Have Country and Western music playing in the background
- Use cowboy boots with western themed balloons tied to them as centerpieces on the table
Games and Activities
- Either hire someone or learn some line dance steps yourself and teach them to the children
Pan For Gold
- Fill a sand box with gold plastic jewelry, gold cons and plastic “jewels”. Give each child a plastic strainer and let them go hunting for their treasure.
Tin Can Target
- Line up a row of empty tin cans and let the kids take turns with a water gun to try and knock down as many cans as they can in a minute.
Birthday Cake Bandit
- About halfway through the party have a grown-up, dressed like a train robber come and steal the birthday cake. Through a series of western themed clues send the children on a scavenger hunt to apprehend the birthday cake bandit who is hiding somewhere in the house.
- Just what it sounds like. Rent a pony.
- Fix the guest of honor’s favorite barbecue meal
- Serve Root beer in glass bottles
- Don’t forget the coleslaw
- Have a horseshoe shaped cake
- Foam cowboy hat
- The child’s photo pasted to a wanted poster
- Plastic harmonica
- Toy horse figure
Other Party Ideas
- Party Themes - Outer Space
Is your child's favorite part of science class when they break out the telescope? Do meteor showers make their eyes light up? Are they always begging to go to the observatory? Well how about bring it all to them wrapped up in a fun (and slightly educ
- Party Themes - Ancient Egyptian Archeology
For a child who loves history, ancient egypt, adventure and Indiana Jones this will be a party they will be talking about for ages afterwards. So put on your fedora and grab your bull whip and lets get started.