Ideas For a Tractor-themed Birthday Party
Do you have a little one that is in love with tractors? Are you looking for ideas for a tractor-themed party? Join me as I share how we just celebrated a money-saving, memory-making birthday!
- Cake- simple rectangle cake with chocolate icing. My mother-in-law made the cake and used a farm set she bought my son to decorate the top.
- Dirt cake- pudding, crushed Oreos and a gummy worm. I made these for the kids and they loved them!
- Tractor Wheels- my son LOVES pizza so we ordered several $5 pizzas to enjoy.
- Tractor wheels- You can use Oreos or donuts, anything round.
- Straw bales- Rice Krispie Treats
- Good ole pigs in a blanket
- Fruits and Veggies (Food from the garden)
- 1 pkg of green balloons and 1 pkg of yellow balloons ($.97 each)
- If your child has such a love for tractors like mine, then you already have a ton of tractors around the house. Use these tractors to decorate the tables. (Free)
- Over the years, we have all received a John Deere shirt from the in-laws. We each wore our shirts in support of the theme! (Free)
- We used the straw bales we got for the hayride as seating before the ride!
- We have a John Deere wagon and wheelbarrow so we used those to hold drinks.
- Use cardboard boxes to build a small farm. (Free)
- Decorate a cardboard box to look like a tractor. (Free)
- Serve the food in the play trailers that you have available. (Free)
- We have a neighbor with a tractor and trailer, so we opted for a hay-ride. We found someone with straw bales for $3 a bale locally, on Craigslist.
- Provide larger tractors to play with in a rock or sandy area in the yard.
- Fill a tote with rocks and use small tractors to dig in the tote.
- Pin the wheels on the tractor.
- Provide a large piece of butcher paper, let the children draw a farm and tractor scene together. Sidewalk chalk on the driveway would be great, too!
My son had an absolute blast at his birthday party!!! I loved that I could make the day unforgettable for him without spending too much money. The boy loves tractors and was very excited about the tractor theme!!