Quick Gift for Sports Fan
Easy Home Made Gift for Game Day
Want a quick gift idea for a sports can? I needed a quick gift for a UT fan, so I came up with this fun and easy Candy Jar. You probably have most of the supplies around your house.
I've made my candy for the jar, but you can also put store bought candies in team colors inside. If you are on the run, you can make the jar and stop by the local quick stop for the candy to go inside!
Sports Fan Candy JarClick thumbnail to view full-size
Materials for Candy Jar Gift
If you've got all the materials, you can make the gift in about ten minutes. Even if you make home made treats to put inside, your whole gift will take less than 30 minutes, but don't tell your sports fan! They will think you spent a lot more time. Here's what you will need:
- An empty Jar (pasta or coffee jars work great)
- 12 inches of ribbon or yarn
- paper in team colors for tag
- candy or cookies to fill the jar.
Instructions for Candy Jar
- Take the label off the jar. If there is glue still sticking on it, use a razor blade (carefully!) to take it off, then clean off the rest with Goo Gone. Sometimes nail polish remover works too, or just plain scrubbing.
- Wash the jar and dry it, or put it in the dishwasher.
- Fill the jar with candy or cookies.
Candy for the Jar
Home made: See my recipes: Easy Mix-In Home Made Candies. You can decorate all of these with colored M&Ms, sprinkles or frosting in the team colors.
Store Bought: If you aren't a cook or want to make this go even faster, you can buy some candies or cookies to use to fill the jar. Pick some miniature chocolate bars that are your sport's fans favorite. Or you can use Jelly Bellies or M&Ms in the team colors alternating in the jar. You can put in miniature bars of your football fans favorite, or pick ones that have the colors of his favorite team. Another great way to personalize the gift is to put in M&Ms that are the team colors. You can separate these out of a big bag, or buy them online.
Candy Team Logo
Want to make the Sports Team logo into a candy tag? Put a piece of packing tape upside down on the counter.
Place team colored M&Ms or Jelly Bellies on in the shape of the Logo or Team Initials. Make sure some of the tape is not covered.
Put the candy logo in the jar, candy side facing out. Fill the rest of the Jar with candy. Your sports fan will love it!
More Quick Sports Fan Crafts
Make a Sports Team Gift Tag
Type in the name of the team+Logo in Google to get a variety of team Logo images. Download one of the Logos.
1. Print Tag: You can make this into a card on any card making software.
2. Home Made Tag: you can print out the logo, cut it out and glue it to a piece of folded cardstock. To add a little decoration, you can tear the edge of the card and put a strip of the team color underneath. Punch a hole in the top of the card.
Putting it Together
Put a ribbon through the hole in the card and attach it to the top of your jar. Your gift is ready!
Hint: If the lid of your jar does not match, you can cover it with fabric or paper cut about 1" bigger than the jar lid. Press the fabric or paper over the top of the jar and hold it down with the ribbon.
Sports Gifts for a Team
Try this quick and inexpensive gift for your sports fan. You can make this in any team colors. These gifts make a great birthday or holiday present. They are so quick and inexpensive, you can make them for a whole team as a celebration at the end of the season. They will love the personalized touches.