Real Men Make Waffles: A Romantic Breakfast Guide for the Man in Your Life
A Breakfast for Your Sweetheart That She'll Never Forget!
The one gift I firmly believe wins a place in a woman’s heart (and stomach) is a beautiful breakfast prepared by her "One and Only." It’s the perfect way to start her day off by showing her just how much she is loved.
There are some men who know exactly how to be the true romantic. They have a firm grasp on how to show or tell what their sweetheart really loves.
Then there are those who struggle on what to get or do. Their hearts and minds are in the right place, but have a hard time deciding, and once they do decide, begin to question themselve whether or not she's going to like it!
What can be helpful is to have a little knowledge or guidance on what you can do.
Recommended by Rustic Living
Gentlemen, to help you plan the perfect breakfast for your sweetheart, I have designed three scenarios for you to work with depending on your current relationship. Keep in mind that you can follow them to the letter, or better yet, add your own personal touch!
You could call these blueprints. You start off with a plan, but add to it as you see fit!
You are going to create the perfect Waffle Breakfast for your sweetheart.
Not pancakes, WAFFLES! Why waffles? For two reasons:
1. Waffles give off the persona that you slaved all morning in the kitchen. That you took the time to carefully plan this breakfast to make her happy.
2. Waffles are very sexy! Therefore YOU will be very sexy! *wink*
Your Special Breakfast will consist of the following items:
1. Waffles (With whipped butter & Syrup)
2. Fresh Fruit (Cantaloupe, Honeydew, Orange slices)
3. Vanilla low-fat yogurt
4. Granola (to sprinkle on your fruit and yogurt)
5. Beverage (choose only two )
~Coffee (cream & sugar optional)
~Sweet & Spicey Herbal Tea by Good Earth
This is your menu. Simple, Light, and Sexy!
Scenario #1 ~ "1st Timer"
Now that you have your menu, the following scenarios (or blueprints) are to help you create that perfect Breakfast!
This is for those who have been dating for a short time but would like to take it a step further. What a perfect way to let her know that you want to get to know her better.
- Make arrangements to pick her up in the morning.
- Show up at her door with a bouquet of spring flowers.
(Don’t forget to tell her how amazing she looks!)
- Drive to a beautiful location such as the beach, park, or mountains.
- Once you arrive, take out the picnic basket you will have hidden in the trunk.
(Be sure to use insulated containers to keep your waffles warm)
- Lay a beautiful blanket/Quilt on the ground.
- Add some music to the ambience from
(your choice of music device such as ipad or iphone.)
- As you enjoy the incredible breakfast you made, get to know her more.
Talk about your childhoods, your parents, your work, your likes and dislikes.
- After you finish your meal, present her with a single rose
and thank her for being there with you.
Scenario #2 "Newlywed Waffles"
This scenario is for those who are married for a short time and without kids….(yet). However, this breakfast may change that status!
While your bride is still slumbering, get yourself up and into the kitchen to prepare her this amazing breakfast.
Now I bet you thought I was going to suggest “Breakfast in Bed,” didn’t you?
Nope.. that might be expected.. you want the element of surprise for her!
- Prepare your breakfast as quickly and as quietly as you can.
- You can prepare quite a bit the night before.
For example; have your yogurt in your bowl covered
with saran wrap and your fruit cut up and placed in a zip lock.
All you have to do is uncover yogurt and place fruit and granola on it.
(no mess, no noise).
- Have your tableware together in one place so you can set the table fast.
- Place a beautiful Vase of Spring flowers in the center.
- Once your table is set, place the yogurt with fruit
and granola bowl on the plate at each setting.
- Before you begin mixing the waffles (which will make noise of course,
and possibly wake her up) you will “get yourself ready.”
- Brush your teeth, put on her favorite cologne of yours,
put on some sexy red boxers (preferably satin)
and a short robe (preferably black and worn opened).
- Now take the bag of rose petals you were able to get from the florist
and spread a path of them from the bedroom door to the table.
- Turn on some soothing, sexy music and begin cooking.
- The combination of the music, the smell of coffee and your
cologne will awaken you bride and also arouse her senses.
- There is nothing sexier and more sensuous than waking
up to your man making you breakfast wearing nothing but red satin boxers.MMmMmM!!
- When she walks into the kitchen....
Stop what you’re doing for the moment and give her a passionate kiss.
- Return to making her breakfast, talk sexy to her while you are creating this masterpiece.
- After your breakfast together, pull her up from
her chair and dance with her.
Tell her “sweet-isms” into her ear while you’re dancing.
- When the moment is right, present her with heart pendant
and tell her, “You've have my heart forever”
Scenario #3 "Forever Family Waffles"
Ahhhh! There you are.. you and your sweetheart and you're...... “Married with Children.” What are you going to do? Elementary my dear Watson!
This is a family affair! It’s a great way to set an example and to
show your children just how much you love their mother!
- Plan ahead of time with the kids and give them
assignments that are appropriate with their age.
~Setting the table
~Fixing yogurt bowls
~Putting the Flowers in a Vase
~Making homemade "I Love you Mom"cards
~Create a Mom’s Wish list
(a list of "To-Do's" for you and the kids!)
- Enjoy this beautiful breakfast with your beautiful wife and your kids.
- After breakfast, pull your wife aside and present her
with a night on the town (just the two of you)
Alright gentlemen, there are your three scenarios to choose from!
It’s up to you to add your own touches!
Below is a fabulous recipe for making the perfect waffle.
Have a wonderful day and remember….. “Real Men Make Waffles”
Real Men and Their Waffles Unite!
Have you ever made your sweetheart a romantic breakfast?
Preparation and Cook Time
Ingredients for Amazing Waffles
- 1-3/4 cup All-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons Baking powder
- 1 tablespoon Sugar
- 1-3/4 cup Whole milk
- 1/2 cup Vegetable oil
- 3 Egg yolks, (Beaten)
- 3 Egg Whites, (Beaten till stiff peaks form)
Step by Step Cooking Instructions
- Mix dry ingredients together in large mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Separate egg yolks from egg whites.
- Place egg whites in medium mixing bowl and beat till peaks form)
- Wisk egg yolks and milk.
- Add dry ingredients. Add oil and wisk.
- Gently fold in beaten egg whites. Be sure to not over mix.
- Pour ½ - ¾ Cup into heated waffle iron. Cook according to the instructions of your waffle iron.
Nutritional Value per Waffle
|Serving size: 1 Waffle|
|Calories from Fat||108|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 12 g||18%|
|Saturated fat 2 g||10%|
|Carbohydrates 31 g||10%|
|Sugar 0 g|
|Fiber 0 g|
|Protein 8 g||16%|
|Cholesterol 65 mg||22%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
Additional Waffle Making Tips
- Take real butter and whip it with your mixer. place it in a pretty dish for display.
There is nothing worse than trying to spread cold, hard butter across your waffles.
It will rip them apart!
- Be sure that your syrup is room temp. Who likes cold syrup on their hot waffles?
I certainly don't!
How would you rate this recipe?
More Yummy Recipes
- The History of the Waffle
August 24th is National Waffle Day. This hub discusses how waffles have changed over time.
- Tasty Low-Fat Quick and Easy Stir Fry: Taking your C...
Everyone loves a good stir fry. There are so many amazing recipes out there for stir fry dishes.
- Hawaiian Favorites: Malasadas, the Portuguese Doughn...
malasadas are the most incredible, sweet, buttery, crunchy on the outside, light and fluffy on the inside, melt in your mouth Portuguese doughnut you will ever taste!
About the Author
Lisa has directed and acted in musical theatre for nearly 30 years. Her musical upbringing allowed her to pursue her career in teaching and directing and continues to direct shows today. As the owner of 2 online Home Décor sites, Lisa’s passion for Rustic Living all begins with her love for the home, outdoors, and her many hobbies. Lisa loves to laugh, and she share’s that love through her comedic hubs centered on her MOM. Lisa’s passions include writing, directing, acting, photography, singing, cooking, crafts, gardening, and home improvement, including decorating. Lisa also writes under her penned name, Elizabeth Rayen.