- Holidays and Celebrations»
Recession Friendly Halloween Costume Ideas
Last Minute Halloween Costume Ideas For The Recessionista In You
If you're a big time procastinator like myself,you always wait until the very last minute to get a costume by which time all the best costumes in the store are already gone.Add a recession to the procastination issue and you have a situation thats practically begging for a sudden burst of creativity.So,if you're a procastinating recessionista or you're just looking for cheap halloween costume ideas,I whipped up some easy and very cheap to make ideas for you:
- Ghost - a true classic that never goes out of style.Get an old white sheet from your laundry pile and cut out space for the eyes and lips and voila,you instantly have a scary.If you want to stand out of the gazillions of ghosts that will no doubt be overcrowding the streets come October 31st,use a little bit of make-up or paint on your ghost costume to give it that personal touch.
- Scarecrow - you've got an oversized shirt in your closet,we all do.Its that one shirt thats too worn out you know its time to throw it away but you can't bear to.Put it to good use this halloween.Pair it up with an old pair of jeans or overalls.If you've got an old belt laying around,throw it around your waist and dazzle the neighborhood with your simple but cute scare crow halloween costume.By the way,to complete the look,you can grab a pointed hat for just a buck from the discount stores.
- Beauty queen - this recession friendly halloween costume idea is especially for the ladies.You know that old bridesmaid dress you once wore to your cousin's wedding that you thought was hideous?Time to pull it out from the back of your closet,dust it off and use it as a costume!Sprinkle a little bit of glitter on it,grab a wide ribbon from the discount store and use it for the banner around your shoulder or simply grab a big white sheet of paper,a pair of scissors,marker and glue and make your own "Miss Halloween" banner.
- Bank robber - all you need to pull this look off is a hooded top and a ski mask.Skip the gun but if you want to use try something new write "hold up" notes saying "give me all of your candy" that you can then hand out to your neighbors when you go trick or treating.Just make sure the neighbors have a wicked sense of humor!
Those are just a few tips I could think of off the top of my head.It all boils down to you being creative and yes,you can make a decent costume without breaking the bank.If you're not a creative person by nature then simply go to your halloween party as yourself,afterall people care more about you than the halloween costume you're wearing and they will just be happy you made it!