Sample Baby Shower Menus
Planning baby shower menus takes a lot of time and effort. Here are a few sample menu ideas to get you started no matter what time of day you are planning the shower for.
Morning Baby Shower
Baby shower menus for a morning baby shower vary depending on if you are planning a full meal or just snacks. Plan on having coffee, a variety of teas, and a variety of juices for drinks.
Any of the following snack ideas work well but be sure to get a variety pack of whatever you choose to get since everyone has different tastes.
- Bagels and cream cheese
- Breakfast breads
- Eggs: scrambled are easiest for serving
- Breakfast burritos: tortillas, a scrambled egg mixture with onions, peppers, and potatoes, salsa, various hot sauces
- Quiche: a ham and cheese one can be made fairly quickly and inexpensively
Afternoon Baby Shower
Most afternoon baby showers are ones that have snacks. For baby shower menus you plan on doing around the lunch hour, have a wide variety of snacks and add in some sandwiches.
- Cheese and crackers tray
- Chips and dip
- Spreadable dip and small baguette pieces
- Deviled eggs
- Vegetable tray
- Hummus and pita bread
- Tortilla pinwheels: typically tortillas spread with a cream cheese mixture
- Finger sandwiches: generally the mom-to-be is not supposed to have cold lunchmeat so be sure to get some chicken or tuna salad ones
Evening Baby Shower
With an evening baby shower, you will generally be expected to serve at least some hot food. For these baby shower menus, it is good to get or rent some chafing dishes so you can keep the hot foods hot. The snack ideas for the afternoon baby shower would work well for an evening appetizer/snack baby shower.
- Quesadilla pieces
- Pigs in a blanket
- Shrimp and cocktail sauce
- Crab cakes
- Pasta entrée: this tends to be a less expensive option as well as easy to make and serve
- Soup with side salad: also an easy and inexpensive option, you will need to serve appetizers with this meal
Good for Any Baby Shower
These baby shower menu items are good for a baby shower at any time of day or any time of year. They are simple snacks that work for whatever type of party you plan to throw for the mom-to-be.
- Fruit trays: whether you do it yourself or order a premade one, in season fruits will be less expensive and will taste better
- Chocolate covered strawberries
- Cake or cupcakes: this will always be expected no matter what time the shower is
For afternoon and evening showers, you may want to have some sweets available other than the cake and have soda available.