15 Signs That You've Gone Too Far with Your Christmas Lights Display
How Much Is Too Much?
During the Christmas season, folks have many different traditions. Some people like to just put up a small tree and keep their decorating to a minimum. There are those that love to decorate the entire house full of amazing decorations, animatronic Santas, and more. Still, there are some folks that have a great enthusiasm for outdoor Christmas decorations. It is not enough to add a few subtle decorations to the front yard. No, they are taking outdoor Christmas decorating to a whole new level. This hub is all about that type of person.
People have many different strategies when decorating their yards for Christmas. There are such a wide variety of decorations to choose from: strings of lights, inflatible Christmas characters, plastic Santas, and even animatronic light-up reindeer. With so many decorations available, no wonder some people find themselves getting really carried away. It is not enough to put just Santa and Mrs. Claus in the front yard when they could also add about a dozen elves, all the reindeer, and even Frosty. Why bother just putting one basic string of lights around the roof when you can cover the entire roof, every tree, and every bush with lights?
So basically, this hub is dedicated to the Christmas decorating enthusiasts out there that take holiday decorating to a whole new level. If you are wondering if perhaps you are a person that takes your Christmas lights display too far during the holiday season, I am here to help you determine just that.
National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation Lights Display
You Know You've Gone Too Far With Your Christmas Decorations When...
- Your neighbors just bought all new blackout curtains for every window facing your house.
- When people drive by your house at night, they put on their sunglasses.
- Astronauts in space just reported that your home is now shining brighter than Las Vegas.
- Your electric bill increased by $500 for the month of December.
- When you stop to count the light bulbs used for your Christmas lights display, you lose track after 2 million.
- The fire department periodically checks on your house "just in case" due to the calls they regularly receive from concerned neighbors.
- There are several traffic jams on your street each night as people either stop to take photos of your lawn ornaments or crash into a car while staring at your Christmas lights display.
- Pilots flying over your home have filed complaints against you. They are too distracted to properly fly the plane when going over your house.
- You've been forced to "borrow" some of your neighbor's lawn just to complete your "Christmas vision" for your holiday decorations.
- Folks passing by your house are asking if you charge admission to see the decorations. Now that you think about it, it's not really a bad idea.
- Dogs have started baying at your home. They think they are seeing a full moon.
- Children point and ask why Santa is 10 foot tall and on fire with lights.
- The temperature near your home is now 10 degrees warmer than anywhere else in the state because of all the lights.
- You've found some neighborhood children roasting marshmallows over a giant Christmas display featuring over 10,000 twinkling lights.
- You are hoping for no major rain or snow this winter, or the whole place might short circuit.
Kenny Irwin Jr. Decorates Conan's Set
Buy Some Christmas Decorations!
Want to Read More Christmas Hubs?
- 20 Signs Your Christmas Shopping is Not Going Well
Ho, ho, ho... it is Christmas shopping time! Time to start making your Christmas list and heading to the mall. Check out the "20 Signs Your Christmas Shopping is Not Going Well" so you can prevent totally snapping while at the mall.
- How to Get Rid of Unwanted Holiday Houseguests
Christmas is a great time to see your relatives, but sometimes they can wear out their welcome. If you are trying to get rid of houseguests at your home, I am here to help.
- 13 Signs You Don't Know How to Properly Decorate a Christmas Tree
Sometimes you really can't figure out if you know what you're doing as far as decorating a Christmas tree. Find out some easy ways to tell if you don't know how to properly decorate your tree.
- The Funniest Christmas Music Videos
Don't let Christmas shopping bring you down this year. Instead, take some time out to enjoy some funny Christmas music videos.