- Holidays and Celebrations»
15 Signs You Are Too Old To Trick Or Treat This Halloween
Grandpa, You Can't Trick or Treat this Year!
Halloween is a thrilling holiday for both adults and children. There was a time when mostly just children dressed up for Halloween. Over the years, it has become more socially acceptable for anyone at any age to dress up. I've heard of Halloween costume parties at jobs, retirement homes, and shopping malls. Halloween is a great time to let your inner ghoul (or inner anything else for that matter) come out for the world to see. But is it OK for adults to Trick or Treat?
Although there are plenty of social situations when dressing up for Halloween is totally acceptable, Trick or Treating is still considered a child's activity. I know some people that won't even give candy or treats to teenagers. However, I do know some folks that aren't offended at all if an adult comes to the door for treats. Of course, it certainly helps if the grown-up vampire at the door happens to have a 5 year old princess and a 7 year old pirate standing beside them. Some adults just really want to go Trick or Treating!
I am not here to get into a debate whether it should be socially acceptable to go Trick or Treating as an adult. It can be fun for adults, but even I don't have the nerve to attempt it. If you, however, really want to Trick or Treat this Halloween, I have created a handy list so you can determine if you are simply too old to Trick or Treat this year. If any of this applies to you, you might want to just find a nice Halloween party to attend this year.
15 Signs You Are Too Old To Trick or Treat:
- You haven't started to put on a costume yet, but people are already telling you how authentic your old lady Halloween costume looks.
- Putting on some animal ears and looking sexy is the only way you are willing to dress like a kitty cat this year.
- If you are too tired to walk around to neighbors' houses so you decide to drive around in your car to Trick or Treat instead, you might be too old. For that matter, if you have a driver's license at all, you may be too old to Trick or Treat.
- If you still don't even feel like getting out the car to knock on doors, but instead just go to fast food restaurant drive-thrus trying to get free food, you are way beyond too old to Trick or Treat.
- Everyone at the retirement home thinks your walker is ruining your scary zombie look.
- You must take out your false teeth to put in your vampire teeth for the Halloween costume.
- You decide to take the edge off by picking up some wine at the liquor store before getting ready for dressing up.
- All of your grandchildren believe it might be time to have an intervention before you dress like Katy Perry again this Halloween. And please, please stop singing "Teenage Dream" everywhere you go.
- You worked all day at the office and then intend on Trick or Treating all night while dressed like Winnie the Pooh.
- Your neighbors have started to refer to you as "that crazy old guy down the street" and they turn off the lights on Halloween night as they see you getting close to their houses.
- While getting dressed in your Halloween costume, you start checking out the AARP brochures you just received in the mail.
- You purposely planned your retirement party for the week before Halloween so it did not ruin your fun Trick or Treating schedule.
- You sure hope you don't get too many treats full of calories since you are going to be a bridesmaid in your best friend's wedding next week and you need to fit in your dress.
- While dressed as a police officer, no one realizes it is a Halloween costume since you are geniunely old enough to be a police officer.
- If you just went clubbing with your friends and your whole crew decides to go Trick or Treating afterwards, you are probably just too old to Trick or Treat this Halloween!
Copyright ©2012 Jeannieinabottle
More Halloween Fun:
- Picking the Perfect Pumpkin
It is time to pick a perfectly pretty pumpkin! Try saying that 5 times fast! Advice on picking out the perfect pumpkin for Halloween.
- Picking the Perfect Halloween Costume
There are many factors you should consider when picking out your Halloween costume this year. You can make the most of Halloween by following some of these simple tips when choosing a costume.
- Have a Totally 80s Halloween
Want to look totally awesome this Halloween? Why not try an '80s Halloween costume this year? You will have a totally radical time.
- Dress Like Your Pet This Halloween
Instead of dressing your pet for Halloween this year, you can dress just like your pet. Have fun this Halloween with a pet inspired Halloween costume!
- Fun Halloween Office Pranks (That Won't Get You Fired)
Want to pull some fun pranks at work on Halloween, but want to remain employed at the same time? No problem. I am happy to suggest some pranks that are just scary enough to be a hit at the office, but won't get you fired.