- Holidays and Celebrations»
Simple And Easy Christmas Decoration For The Bathroom
Its That Time Of The Year Again
Christmas is round the corner and the shopping has already begun!! Have my list of shopping ready – new clothes, gifts for everyone, Christmas cards, the Christmas cooking also requires a lot of shopping and of course I am going to pamper myself with gifts. The list is endless. I’ll have to sit and cut out a few unnecessary items that I have added. Need to stick to the budget. Nevertheless parties always call for a lot of decoration items. Ribbons, candles, the Christmas tree ornaments and many more!! It is fun to decorate for Christmas and I never miss out the bathrooms. It revels in the spirit of Christmas and looks very much a part of the festivities. So here are a few things and some tips that I would share to decorate the bathroom without spending too much.
Before Listing Out What To Do I Would List Out The Don’t Dos
- Do not ever try to renovate or replace you major fittings like the shower, bath and the basin to fit in the mood of Christmas. Christmas will soon be over and you will have to put up with a weird looking bathroom all the time
- Same goes for the tiles. Never try to replace the tiles in red, green and white combination for Christmas. It needs a lot of money to replace tiles and you cannot keep those throughout the year.
- Do not paint the walls in red or green! The efforts are not worth it.
- Don’t buy expensive cabinets especially for Christmas decoration.
- Though they come cheap and can look good avoid using any kind of stickers or tattoos in the bathroom as they are hard to remove later.
- There are various toilet seat tattoos and covers available in the market. If you are very keen on dressing up the toilet you can do it, but it might look over the top. If you have the time and resources throw a small mat and change the toilet seat. That would be enough and subtle.
Simple And Easy Bathroom Decoration For Christmas
- Put a red rug or a mat in the bathroom
- Place white and red or a Christmas colour combination slippers on the rug. Not necessary you use them they can be just there for the decor- I would recommend white fluffy slippers.
- Place a bath caddy over the bath and decorate with a candle and some red roses.
- Scatter some rose petals in your bath.
- You can use red flowers to decorate any corner, place them with a candle and a rolled towel, or decorate with some spa rocks. The red flowers are the best and the most beautiful way to decorate.
- Spray some artificial snow around the decorations and the bathroom mirror.
- You can go shopping for a Christmas themed shower curtain, else make nice bows out of laces or satin ribbons and pin them up on a white shower curtain.
- You can have Christmas themed towels and fingertip napkins neatly folded and placed over the counter top at your vanity.
- The counter top can have a small Christmas tree in a corner and you can wrap small handmade soaps with colourful wrappers and place under the tree as gifts.
- You can also make soap in green or red colours with some sparkles in them. Customise and make them decorative for the Christmas.
- You can also tie a ribbon to the taps
- If you can crochet well then some Christmas coloured crochet items for the bathroom will be the best and very economical.
- A colourful pattered toilet paper can be just the correct finishing touch to the decoration.
- Place a decorative urn or container on the counter that can hold all the other bathroom accessories.
- Hang a merry Christmas wall hanging at an appropriate place in the bathroom.
- If you don’t want to buy a Christmas bathroom accessory set simply place an appropriate coloured small plate for the soap. The green or red soaps will look great on a plain white plate.
- Take a plain glass and wrap it up in red wool or ribbon. Stick some glitter on it if you want. Place it as a tooth brush and paste tumbler.
- Christmas shower curtain hook are available in the market but to save money you can hang some tree ornaments on each or alternate regular shower curtain hooks or rings.
- Hang a small wreath on the bathroom door. Making it at home is the best option.
If you cannot spend too much on getting Christmas motifs items make sure you choose the right colours and create a perfect balance in your bathroom. Before all the decorations and setting up the mood for Christmas make sure you clean your bathroom thoroughly to look spotless and sparkling new.
A Sensuous Homemade Christmas Gift For Your Beloved
- A Sensuous Homemade Christmas Gift For Your Beloved
Give your loved one a momeorable gift! The sweet memories will be cheished and enjoyed.