Spanish Holidays-Ten Things To Do In Madrid
Magic Of Madrid
Anybody planning a Spanish city holiday break should consider the elegant and refined capital Madrid.Do not compare Madrid to its rival Barcelona, these are two different cities.
Madrid is a little more cultured and you will soon have the taste for Spain in this sophisticated Capital.You can really enjoy strolling around this imposing city and enjoy the food, drink and superb architecture.
Ten Things You Must Do In Madrid
1.Take a trip to the Royal Palace(Palacio Real, in Spanish), the official royal residence since 1764.Admire the magnificent architecture as you stroll through the French style gardens and manicured trees.
2. Continue your culture adventure with a visit to the Mueso del Prado. Here you will find one of the finest collections of arts, with masterpieces by Carvaggio and Goya.
3. Sample the delicious tapas of La Linta or alternatively make your own creation at St Michaels Market. Look out for grilled king prawns and patatas bravas.( chorizo sausage and potatoes).
4.Visit the magnificent City Hall and its fabulous fountains situated at Plaza de Cibles.
5.Shopping enthusiasts will enjoy will enjoy Calle de Serrano, Madrid's famous shopping strip.Here you will find some of the word's finest boutiques and designers, with famous names such as La Perla, Yves St Laurent and Loewe.
6. If you love Spanish food you must find time to eat out at the world's oldest restaurant The Botin. Displayed in the window is a certificate from the Guinness Book of Records confirming it's status having opened in 1725.
7. Take time out to relax and do a little people watching at the Plaza Mayor. one of Madrid's most popular squares. You can also admire the statue of King Fellipe III.
8.Spanish hot chocolate is a must have drink for chocolate lovers.Regarded by many as the best hot chocolate in the world,it is very rich and thick. Get your fix at the Chocolateria San Gines and do try the churros (doughnuts).
9. Try a refreshing drink of Spains signature drink Sangria at Penthouse, a splendid rooftop bar situated at Plaza de Santa Ana which is on of the prettiest squares in Madrid.
10. Football fans will have to visit Estadio Santiago Bernabeu. the home of the Galaticos, Real Madrid.If you can't get to a game take a tour of this impressive stadium viewing the museum and trophy room.