- Holidays and Celebrations»
- UK Holidays
St Patricks Day Cocktail Party Drinks
Party Like a Leprechaun til Dawn!
A St. Patrick's Day party wouldn't be a party without green beer or shamrocktinis'. There are some great ideas from making your own cream liqueur to popping some green food coloring in your beer. So whether you fancy yourself as a mixologist or just a beginner, there is something in this list for everyone. Here are some festive cocktails to get you in the mood for celebrating all things Irish!
For more awesome St Patricks cocktail ideas click here
Jello Shot Rainbow
1) Jello Shot Rainbow
Made with your favorite Spirit,these are made with rum except for the bottom 2 green rows which are Margarita Shots (Lemon and Lime Jello with Tequila). This is a very impressive centerpiece for your party but probably won't last too long!
2) Jello Shots
These lime jello shots are made with half water and half Malibu Coconut Rum. Prepare plenty of these in advance for your party so you can just pull them from your fridge as the quests arrive. Delicious!
3) Irish Flag
For this patriotic shot you will need : Equal parts green crème de menthe, Bailey’s Irish cream, and Grand Marnier. Pour in order so each ingredient floats on the preceding one you can pour each layer over the back of a spoon to help it go in more smoothly.
4) Green Baileys
To make this leprechaun happy drink, you will need, 2 oz Baileys 2 oz Creme de Menthe 1 oz Kahlua.
5) Liquid Marijuana
1/2 oz Captain Morgan spiced rum
1/2 oz Blue Curacao liqueur
1/2 oz Malibu coconut rum
1/2 oz Midori melon liqueur
12 oz pineapple juice
1 splash sweet and sour mix
Put all ingredients in a glass and fill the remainder with pineapple juice. Shake . Garnish with a cherry. Enjoy
6) Green Beer
All you need is green food coloring and your favorite beer to make this one. Add 2 drops of green food coloring and stir !
7) Emerald Martini
1.5 oz Vodka
1.5 oz Midori Liquor
Shake, Pour & Garnish with a Cherry
Green Apple Martini
Green Apple Martini
2 oz Vodka
1 oz Green-Apple Schnapps
Mix with ice in a cocktail shaker, shake well and pour.
Homemade Irish Cream Liquer
8) Homemade Irish Cream Liqueur
- 1 cup cream
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 1 2/3 cup Irish whiskey
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee
- 2 tablespoons chocolate syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
Pop all the ingredients in a blender and blitz for 30 seconds. Place in tightly sealed container and refrigerate.
Sparkling Green Sangria
9) Sparkling Green Sangria
- 2 bottles Moscato Wine
- 3 oz. Triple Sec
- 2 sliced cucumbers
- 2 cups of seedless green grapes
- 1 sliced Granny Smith apple
- 1 sliced lemon
- 1 sliced lime
- 1/2 liter club soda
- Pour wine in a pitcher or bowl and add sliced cucumber, apple, lemon and lime.
- Add triple sec and stir gently.
- Cover and chill for a few hours.
- Before serving, top with club soda.
- Stir gently and serve over ice.
St. Patrick's Day Mimosas
10) St. Patrick's Day Mimosas
Add a splash of blue curaçao to your OJ before you add the champagne, and BOOM. Perfect for your St. Patrick's Day brunch!
11) Diet Delight
To make this skinny Patty's cocktail you will need 1.5oz three olives dude Diet sprite, triple sec, sweet and sour to taste.
Green with Envy
12) Green with Envy
- 1/4 cup mint leaves
- 1/2 cup gin
- 4 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup ice cubes
- 4 lime slices
Mini Green Jello Martinis
13) Mini Green Jello Martinis
What could be cuter than jello martinis and cupcakes?
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 envelope Knox gelatin
- 3/4 cup flavored vodka, of your choice
- 1 tbsp Sour Apple Pucker liqueur
Carefully pour into martini glasses and chill in refrigerator til set.
14) The Tipperary
- 2 oz. redbreast 12 year irish whiskey
- 1 oz. carpano antica sweet vermouth
- .5 oz. green chartreuse
- cherry garnish
1. Pop whiskey and sweet vermouth in a glass and stir with ice
2. Swirl inside of glass with Chartreuse and then get rid of excess liqueur.
3. Place mix in glass and serve. Garnish with a cherry.
St Patty's Day Sangria
15) St Patty's Day Sangria
- 1 bottle white wine
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- 1 orange, cut into wedges
- 1 -2 green apple, cut into wedges
- 1/2 cup sugar
- splash lime juice
- 1 1/2-3 ounces Irish whiskey (1-2 shots)
- 2 cups club soda or 2 cups ginger ale
16) Kiwi Vesper
2 kiwis, peeled and chopped
2 ounces vodka
2 ounces gin
2 ounces Lillet Blanc
1 cup ice
Pop kiwifruit, vodka, gin, Lillet Blanc and ice in cocktail shaker. Shake all ingredients; strain into two sugar-rimmed martini glasses. Finish with kiwifruit slice.
17) Green Wine
Give your favorite white wine a makeover that's leprechaun approved! You will need :
Green food coloring
1 chilled 750ml bottle of dry white wine
1 liter chilled plain or lime-flavored seltzer