- Holidays and Celebrations»
- UK Holidays
St. Patrick's Day in Milwaukee: Parade and Other Irish Events, Festivities, and Celebrations
What can you do in Milwaukee for Saint Patrick's Day?
St. Patrick's Day Events
Irish Center Meeting
Irish Week Events
Mass at St. Patrick's
Milwaukee is a wonderful city to celebrate St. Patrick's Day. With a large annual parade and a wide variety of Irish events throughout the month of March, there are lots of great options. Whether you are celebrating with family or friends of virtually any age, the city has something for everyone. Get St. Patrick's Day events on your calendar now so you don't miss out on any of the fun.
[Please note that all 2017 dates, times, and locations were verified during February 2017. All events are subject to change at any time without notice.]
St. Patrick's Day Parade
2017: Saturday, March 11, noon, downtown Milwaukee
Milwaukee is proud to host their 49th annual parade St. Patrick's Day in 2015. For the past seven years, the parade has boasted the distinction of the largest parade in Wisconsin and plans to uphold this tradition for the 49th parade. The event draws over 85,000 spectators. The parade kicks off at 3rd and Wisconsin and wraps up at Water and Highland. It features over 140 units with local celebrities and politicians, bagpipes, floats, marching bands, and Celtic and Irish organizations. For information about parade parking, history, sponsors, and much more, check out the official parade web site linked to the right.
Milwaukee St. Patrick's Day Parade 2012
LET'S FEST! - St. Patrick's Day in Milwaukee
2017: Saturday, March 11, 1:00 to 6:00 p.m., Irish Cultural Heritage Center
The Shamrock Club of Wisconsin offers Milwaukee the best in Irish entertainment with a focus on family friendly events. They have five stages, including a children's stage. Their Post-Parade St. Patrick's Day party is the largest family friendly event in Milwaukee for St. Patrick's Day. Past entertainment schedules have included Blarney, Tallymoore, Tis, Barry Dodd, the Caledonian Scottish Dancers, Cuil a Lin, Cashel Dennehy, and the Cronin and Kinsella Irish dance schools. For the full line up and more information about the event, check out the post-party link on the right.
Irish Center Meeting
2017: March 2, 7:00 p.m., Irish Cultural and Heritage Center
Kick off this year's St. Patrick's Day by attending the March Irish Cultural and Heritage Center meeting.
2017: Wednesday, March 8-Friday, March 10, the Shops of Grand Avenue and additional Milwaukee locations
The Shamrock Club and Westown team up to offer Irish entertainment and culture during the week preceding the St. Patrick's Day parade. There are daily events at the Shops of Grand Avenue including dance school performances, Irish band concerts, and eating contests. The ShamRock in Westown kicks off the parade annually at the Miller Time Pub on Wisconsin Avenue. Admission is free and includes live entertainment. Consult local listings for a full schedule of Irish Week events.
Great Tips for Runners
- How to Run Longer - Strength Training Tips for Runners
Want to be able to run longer with more ease? Incorporate some strength training exercises into your routine.
2017: Saturday, March 11, 10:00 a.m., Friends of Hoyt Park and Pool Grand Hall
The Blarney Run is an annual fundraiser for the preservation and education activities of the Wauwatosa Historical Society. The event includes a 5K, 2 mile walk, and quarter mile "Twinkle Trot" for kids 10 and under. The registration fee includes a t-shirt and freebies. Check out the website for registration forms, more details about all of the runs/walks, and details about parking.
Mass at St. Patrick's Roman Catholic Church
2015: Saturday, March 11, St. Patrick's in Milwaukee at 723 W. Washington st.
The 2015 St. Patrick's Day mass is the church's 30th annual mass to honor St. Patrick. The Shamrock Club Choir leads the music for the mass. The Shamrock Club's Pipes, Drums, and Color Guard pipe in the colors and serve as honor guard for the mass. The mass features songs and readings in both English and Irish. A sign reader is provided for the hearing impaired. There is a full, post-mass breakfast in Parlor B for $10 per person. Make reservations with Glenn Nowak at email@example.com.
Gaelic Storm - Buzzards of Bourbon Street - Milwaukee 2010
A couple other great places to frequent on St. Patrick's Day.
More St. Patrick's Day Events in Milwaukee
- Milwaukee's Irish Intersection. Milwaukee's Irish intersection at Juneau and Edison features the Trinity Three Irish Pub and The Harp Irish Pub, both of which host St. Patrick's Day events. Check their websites for current schedules.
- Gaelic Storm. Head to the Pabst Theater on St. Patrick's Day for one of the biggest holiday events in the city. Gaelic storm features inspiring, spirited Celtic rock and roll. The doors open at 7:00 p.m., and the music starts at 8:00 p.m.
- Family Day at the Domes. The 2015 Irish Family Day at the Domes is Sunday, March 15 from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. It includes dancing, demonstrations, music, displays, and more.
- The Fonz. The iconic bronze Fonz statue on the Milwaukee River Walk just south of Wells Street is decked out in St. Patrick's Day gear for the occasion. If you're downtown, it's worth paying him a visit.
- County Clare. St. Patrick's Day in Milwaukee wouldn't be complete without a trip to Milwaukee's only Irish inn and pub.
- Mo's Irish Pub. Mo's is home to one of the biggest and therefore best St. Patrick's Day parties in the city.
Are you looking for more things to do in Milwaukee? Check this out!
- Free Things To Do In Milwaukee, WI
Are you looking for free activities and attractions in the Milwaukee area? There are many different possibilities for things to do with a number of options for children.
- Things to Do in Milwaukee for Mother's Day: Brunch Specials and More
Are you planning a special family Mother's Day brunch this year? Milwaukee has tons of restaurant specials as well as other promotions throughout the city, such as free museum admissions.
- Milwaukee, WI Events: Annual Events and Things to Do in November
This November, you can get out and enjoy a different event or thing to do in Milwaukee every weekend. Consider concerts, festivals, and more in the downtown and suburbs.