Stocking Stuffer Ideas for Kids That Won't Break the Bank
Ideas to consider when choosing what to stuff in stocking
- The first thing you need to consider when picking out stocking stuffers is the child's interest. What is their favorite sport, character, animal, food, candy or animal?
- All children have a hobby of one kind or another. For boys it could be a sport, maybe they collect baseball cards or would like a new baseball. Actions figures are also a favorite among boys and girls. For many children a beanie baby that they don't have is a winner.
- Always try to include an item that helps them learn. A book is always a good choice - one that relates to a favorite hobby or cartoon character. A comic book usually brings a smile to the face. Also a magic trick is the perfect little gift to expand their imagination.
- Something sweet is always welcome. Find a favorite candy or treat and include it as one of your stuffers. Or find a funky looking new candy for them to try. Kids love trying new candies in interesting shapes, flavors and colors.
- Gag gifts are also fun. Snowman poop or Santas coal are great standbys.
- Start a new tradition. Include a personalized, dated ornament that they can save for their own tree when they leave home.
Where to look for ideas
Walk through a drug store, a grocery store, a department store or a dollar store and you will find many stocking stuffers that will cost you less than you will believe. I'll take you through an imaginary store and give you ideas for many of the aisles.
- Candy aisle ~This aisle is self explanatory. At Christmas time the candy manufacturers pull out all of the stops. They have candy and treats in every size, shape, color, and flavor. All you have to do is reach out and pick one up. But, wait a minute, they also have higher prices. Shop carefully. This is where the dollar stores come in, they carry some very nice selections at a much lower price. Shop there first for the candy and then visit the other stores.
- stationary aisle ~This is a wonderful aisle to use to shop for stocking stuffers. There are an incredible amounts of interesting items to use to help fill up a stocking. For example: erasers (decorative or regular), pencils of all kinds, pens, mechanical pencils, crayons, markers, scissors, rulers, staplers, decorative notepads, post-it notes is bright colors and fun shapes, stickers of all kinds, calculators, paints, journals, diaries, and more. The sky's the limit.
- craft aisle ~ There are a lot of little things you can pick up in this aisle for instance: little beads kits, wooden letter that your child can personalize and hand on her wall, craft books, embroidery floss to use to make friendship bracelets, or plastic lacing to make friendship bracelets, ceramic ornaments and paint, pompoms, pipe cleaners, and felt, just to name a few.
- magazine/book aisle ~ In this aisle you will find a plethora of things. Magazines that reflect their interest, crossword puzzle books, word search books, coloring books, activities books, comic books, and books of all sizes, shapes, levels and interests.
- bath/cosmetic aisle ~ This is a wonderful aisle to shop in. From here you can choose a hair product you child has been wanting or a personal care product. Brushes, a funky comb, barrettes, bows, decorative hair pins, headbands, hair clips, toothpaste, a funky toothbrush, a special scent of deodorant, shampoo, cream rinse, mousse, hair cement, and so many more items.
- toy aisle ~ I believe everyone knows just how rich the plunder is here. For boys : model cars, action figures, little bits and pieces of items that go with things they have at home, and many more thing. For girls, little outfits for their dolls, action figures, play clothes and high heels, and many more items.
The whole idea of stocking stuffers is to buy small inexpensive items. You can do this with a little creativity and a lot of imagination. Shop around you will find the deals, if you shop early you will save even more.
- Inexpensive Stocking Stuffer Ideas for Kids
Want to have epic stockings this year? Look no further. Here's a list of over 95 inexpensive stocking stuffer ideas for your kids' stockings.
- The Dollar Store Is THE Store for Stocking Stuffers!
While shopping this holiday season, make sure to stop by your local dollar store for the perfect Christmas stocking stuffers. Not only will you like the variety of options, you will love the price!
- Fun Stocking Stuffer Ideas
A list of fun and creative stocking stuffer gift ideas. A guide to great, fun stocking stuffer gifts including where to find them and pricing for each item.
- 35 Perfect DIY Stocking Stuffers for Kids and Adults
Christmas stocking stuffer craft ideas for kids, adults, teenagers, men, boyfriend. Handmade stocking stuffer gifts. DIY gift ideas for Christmas stockings. Homemade filler gift ideas for stockings.
© 2010 Susan Hazelton