- Holidays and Celebrations
Thank-You Notes and Appreciation Messages for Coaches
Here’s a collection of nice words to say thank you, and appreciation messages examples to inspire you to compose a quick, or long heartfelt letter for your coach or trainer. Sometimes writing a meaningful thank you note can be time consuming. To help, here’s a guide you can refer to.
In this guide, you'll find:
- Nice things to say to your coach
- Heartfelt thank you messages
- Thank you sentiments
- Additional thoughtful messages
- Inspirational quotes for a coach
- Social-media-friendly, shareable images
- How to write a thank you note (with examples)
- General phrases to say thanks
Things to Say to Your Coach
Sample Heartfelt Thank-You Messages
- When I thought I couldn’t make it to the top, you told me that I could. For the love of helping me attain my potential, I’m extremely thankful.
- Thank you, coach. I would like to take this opportunity to let you know how much I appreciate your efforts to save the club from relegation this season. It has been a wonderful experience since the beginning to the end of the season. You are our pride and role model!
- How lucky I’m to have a coach who inspires me every day to success. I hope I can inspire future champions as you have inspired me. You’re awesome!
- Not only are you fantastic when it comes to imparting knowledge, but you have also proven yourself to be a loving and caring person, both on the pitch and off the pitch.
- Despite being stubborn and always on your nerves, you’re ever ready to push me to the top of the world. Thank you for your help, I really appreciate it!
- I am extremely indebted to have you as my guider and personal trainer. Thank you for being there for me always from the worst time in my life to the happiest moments. Your guidance and encouragement mean a lot. And I’ll be thankful to you forever!
- Honestly, I don’t know what I would have achieved without you in my life. Although, the workouts are often difficult to cope with, but I’d like to add that it has really helped me to improve both mentally and physically. You’re an incredible trainer!
- Your encouragement and motivation has pushed me to the position I never thought I would be. Thank you for inspiring me to victory!
- Your leadership and sportsmanship cannot be compared to anything else. With just few months of training alongside my teammates, you helped me improve my dribbling skills, and all my scoring chances are rarely missed.
- Thank you for bringing out the best in me. And I will tell the whole world what a wonderful coach you are, and what a big difference your influence has made in my life.
More Thank-You Sentiments
- I’m dedicating today’s victory to my amiable guider and role model for never giving up on me. I couldn’t have achieved such a great success without your guidance and influence. Accept my deepest thanks!
- Thank you for training me to become a superstar. Tonight, we have arranged a special dinner for a special coach who loves pushing his team to success.
- This simple text is a reminder that your sweat and valuable time does not go unnoticed. I value everything that you do always to make me become the world best.
- Thank you, coach. Your efforts had really paid off, and it’s time to celebrate my victory with an incredible mentor.
- With someone like you around us in the camp, I know the sky is the limit to ton of wonderful things we can get done — I hope more golden trophies will follow in the coming seasons!
- What can we compare your motivation, patience, and inspiration with? You’re truly the best coach ever!
- Thank you for standing by my side. I know that the best in me is yet to materialize.
- I’m very lucky that I grabbed the knowledge imparted onto me by an amazing person. It has really helped me to make it far beyond my dreams and expectations. I’m feeling thankful and blessed, coach!
- It’s really a blessing to have such a fantastic and energetic trainer like you in my life. I’m deeply indebted!
- It’s no gainsaying that you’re the greatest coach and boss I’ve ever met in my life.
- Someone like you who’s always eager to push his team to success is only found once in a lifetime. You’re the best!
- Thank you for being my guiding light, thank you for encouraging me, thank you for making me who I’m today, and I’m extremely thankful for everything that you do.
- Being with you made me to realize why having someone around to give everything needed to climb the ladder of success is very important in one’s life. Much love and thanks!
- You identified my weakness and within few days you turned them into my strengths. I’ll be grateful to you forever for all your valuable input to make me who I’m today.
- Good coaches are very rare to come across. I’m extremely fortunate to have found one like you.
Additional Thoughtful Messages
- Thank you for being the source of our strength. The happiness and fame you brought into our life cannot be compared to anything else. Thank you for being the kindest person that you are!
- If anyone deserves ovation today, it’s simply you. We're so blessed to have you as our guider and trainer!
- Words cannot express how thankful we were after the match. If not for you, we wouldn’t have make it this far.
- Thank you for always inspiring us to be confident, and to never give up all our expectations and dreams no matter how big they are.
- Thank you for letting us to know that every competition is an opportunity to showcase our talents to the world to see. You told us we can do it — truly we performed wonderfully well in the tournament. You are the best!
- Deeply indebted to you for putting so much time, thoughts, and energy into making us the best, strong, and indomitable team.
- We are feeling indebted and blessed to have you by our side during this tough time. Thank you for your insight and valuable time.
- Thank you for boosting our morals and for lifting up our spirits always by assuring us that we are the future champion and we should always strive for the best. Thank you for everything you do, coach!
- I have been so touched by your commitment and willingness to help me grow to my full potential.
- Your motivation, encouragement, love, and support have all kept us inspired. They have kept us going for gold in the forthcoming Olympic competition.
- I learned from you that in the game of soccer, success does not come by working alone but it only happens when we work together as a team that’s committed to each other to achieve it.
- You’re the best professional I have ever worked with!
- If not for your technical input, we wouldn’t have come back with the trophy.
- I’m extremely lucky to have found a trainer who is friendly and always willing to help me. Thanks for your encouragement and valuable insight!
- We had ton of fun at the camp. We cannot thank you enough for everything that you do to make working with you fun and enjoyable.
- If anyone deserves appreciation for the brilliant performance at the tournament, it’s no one else but you, coach!
- You were extremely considerate and supportive during the training sessions. We’ll be grateful to you forever!
- Your technical advice has really made us the best team ever!
- Thank you for giving us the opportunity to attain what we never thought we could get done with just two training sessions.
- It’s with deep sense of respect that I write this quick note to say a big thank you to you for being there for us and for being supportive.
- I would like to use this quick note to extend to you my deepest respect for your valuable time shared with me and my teammates.
- The beautiful memories shared with you and the fun we had in camp cannot be easily erased from our hearts. Much love and ton of thanks to you, coach!
- Thank you for putting so much time and thoughts into the team selection. Your thoughts and concern mean the world to us.
- Despite my late reply to the training invitation letter and for always on your nerve, you still allowed me to join and train alongside my teammates — for that, I’m thankful!
Thank you for your willingness to help.
- A person like you who has the charisma to guide and lead a team to success can only be found once in a lifetime.
- Your vision, commitment, and courage have pushed the club to the top of the champions’ league table. You’re awesome!
- Thank you for your love, determination, and sportsmanship — we’re so proud to call you our coach!
- Thank you for your intense energy, support, love, fun workouts, and for being a remarkable trainer!
- When you first came into my life, I was not aware of the fact that I was meeting one of the most inspiring and encouraging people ever. Thank you for always finding joy in seeing me realize my potential.
- The last season hasn’t been the happiest moment for the team. We’re so proud of the sacrifice you’ve made to bring the team out of risk of relegation.
- Thank you for choosing me to be part of the national team! Thank you for believing in my ability. I’ll never let you down!
Inspirational Quotes for Your Coach
Quotes and Sayings from Famous People to Put in a Thank-You Card
- “All coaching is, is taking a player where he can’t take himself.” – Bill McCartney
- “A good coach can change a game. A great coach can change a life.” – John Wooden
- “Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out.” – Robert Collier
- “The mediocre teacher tells. The good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires.” – William Arthur Ward
- “It’s amazing how far you can go when someone believes in you.” – Katie Kacvinsky
- “I’ve never felt my job was to win basketball games—rather, that the essence of my job as a coach was to do everything I could to give my players the background necessary to succeed in life.” – Bobby Knight
- “Successful coaches are visionaries. They have a picture of success set in their minds.” – Gavin McGinnis
- “Selecting the right person for the right job is the largest part of coaching.” – Phil Crosby
- “I hated every minute of training, but I said, don’t quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.” – Muhammad Ali
- “Being able to help someone learn something is a talent.” – Margaret Riel
- “It’s easy to make a buck. It’s a lot tougher to make a difference.” – Tom Brokaw
- “Every noble work is at first impossible.” – Thomas Carlyle
- “What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well.” – Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Sample Thank-You Letters
Sample Letter # 1: From the Team or Players
We’d like to say thanks to you for giving us attention beyond our dreams and expectations. Being the best team ever to win the champions’ league at three consecutive times, we were completely dazzled and almost got our minds blown off. We wouldn’t have become the world champion without your inspiration, guidance, and encouragement.
Thank you once again for instilling the value of discipline, perseverance, and fair-play unto us—and for making us the world best. If anyone deserves honor and great reception, it’s simply you.
Sample Letter # 2: From Parents
What an incredible coach you are! You have been extremely good, supportive, and caring to my child this season—thank you for guiding, encouraging, inspiring, and for your love to see my [daughter/son] become a champion. And for that, I’d like to extend a sincere thanks to you.
Without you around to guide and train [her/him], [she/he] wouldn’t have made it this far in life. Again, thank you for your patience, concern, and for your continued support.
How to Write a Thank-You Note
If you’re feeling the urge to write your own letter from the scratch or you’d like to add one or two lines to the letters above, then follow this guide to express your thoughts.
- Start your thank you letter with “Dear [coach’s name],”
- Express what you’re thankful for.
- Mention how much their training, motivation, inspiration, or guidance has made a positive difference.
- Thank them again.
- Close the letter with “sincerely, yours truly, much love, warm regards, or kindly.”
General Phrases to Use in Your Thank-You Card or Note
Accept my deepest thanks!
I’ll always be grateful!
I’m so humbled!
I was overwhelmed!
I felt loved!
You’re the best!
I’ll be indebted to you!
I’m so thankful!
You’re my inspiration!
You’re my pride!
I’m proud to have you!
Feeling thankful and blessed!
Thanks for your guidance!
Much love and thanks!
I value your sacrifice!
I do appreciate your input!
You’re so insightful!
I cannot thank you enough!
I’m very happy!
What a fantastic workout!
I value everything you do!
© 2017 Oyewole Folarin