Thank-You Notes and Appreciation Messages for a Counselor
What to Write in a Thank-You Note or Card
If you are searching for some cute ways to say thank-you to a marriage/couples counselor, career counselor, admission counselor, addiction counselor, summer camp, or school/college guidance counselor; the best way to show appreciation for their help is by sending a well crafted handwritten thank-you note to them.
Although writing a thank-you note or letter to really express how thankful you are for their support and guidance can seem like a daunting task. A thank-you or appreciation letter clearly states:
- What you are expressing gratitude for.
- How much you appreciate their professional support and guidance, and the difference it has made in your life.
However if you still don’t know what to write in a thank-you card or note, here are some examples of thank-you notes, messages, quotes, and sayings that you write in a blank card or email to your counselor to show gratitude for their guidance and concern.
Short Thank-You Messages or Phrases
Below, you will find some general thank-you phrases. These are generally helpful especially if you want to make your appreciation message short, and for thank-you text messages (SMS) for a guidance counselor.
1. Thank you very much, I really appreciate your help.
2. I just wanted to thank you for your kind words.
3. Thanks for your advice and guidance.
4. Your guidance and support mean a lot to me.
5. Thanks for your wonderful advice.
6. I really appreciate your advice and encouragement.
7. I’m extremely grateful for your suggestions.
8. Accept my gratitude for your wise words.
9. Accept my heartfelt appreciation for your support.
10. Thanks for your encouragement during the difficult time.
11. Your advice and care relieved my grief.
13. Thanks, your advice was helpful.
14. Your counseling was more than enough.
15. Grateful for your comments and attention given.
16. No words can express how helpful your suggestion was.
17. I so much appreciate your priceless time and effort shown to me.
18. Many thanks for helping me quit substance addiction.
19. Thank you for making me happy in life again.
20. Thanks for spending your valuable time with me.
21. Accept my profound gratitude for saving my marriage.
22. Thanks for reviewing my curriculum vitae.
23. Thanks for your professionalism and care in this matter.
24. I appreciate your friendliness and assistance.
25. Thank you for your compassionate heart and concern.
26. Thank you for taking time to understand where my problem was.
27. I’m definitely touched beyond words.
28. Thank you for being a friendly counselor that you are.
29. Special thanks to my college guidance counselor.
30. Grateful for your attention to this matter.
31. I do appreciate everything you did to make me quit substance addiction.
32. Thanks for your assistance in this matter.
33. I do appreciate your kind help.
34. Thank you very much for your guidance.
35. I’m grateful for your motivation and support.
Reader, it is time to let your opinion count.
What is the best way to express gratitude to someone who helped you?
36. Your concern and love mean so much to me.
37. Thanks for your wonderful counseling.
38. Thanks for boosting my morale.
39. I appreciate your addiction therapy sessions.
40. I’m grateful for your time and encouragement.
41. I cannot thank you enough for the professional care I received.
42. Thank you for your emotional support and care.
43. Thank you for helping me to regain my full potential.
44. Accept my deepest thanks.
45. Thank you for managing my grief.
46. Thank you for surpassing my request.
47. Thanks for being friendly and reliable.
48. I am glad your advice changed my bad lifestyle.
49. How can I ever show gratitude for your concern?
50. I’ll always be grateful.
Sample Messages for Counselors
Below, you will find some ideas on what to write or say to show gratitude to your counselors. Use these to inspire your card or note's wording:
1. “I would like to thank you for your valuable advice, support, and help. With your in-depth understanding of what was causing our problem, you saved our marriage from collapsing. Thank you once again for your concern.”
2. “We would like to express our profound gratitude for your words of wisdom. Your guidance and encouragement have helped save a once broken relationship. Thank you once again for bringing happy moments back into our union.”
3. “With a sincere heart, I say thank you for spending your valuable time with me. The discussion we had together gave me comfort, hope, and courage to continue to move on with life no matter how difficult my condition might be. Once again, thank you for your immense contribution towards my successful career.”
4. “I am extremely grateful for your kind help and advice. The suggested solutions really helped me in my job search. Thank you once again for taking time to listen to me and for being there for me when I needed someone to talk to.”
5. “I wanted to show my appreciation for your support and guidance you have given over the past few days. Indeed, it was helpful for my career choice. I couldn’t have selected the right choice that matches my skills without your help. I am thankful to have met someone like you during a difficult time.”
6. “I would like to say thank you for your kind advice. I now know what to do in order to earn accelerated promotion and rise in the rank at the early stage of my profession. Accept my gratitude for your continued support and guidance.”
7. “Your constructive criticism really made a big difference in my life. The counseling session has been amazing and it opened my eyes to so many opportunities I never thought of. Once again, thank you for your attention and concern.”
8. “I sincerely appreciate the time you spent with me. The interest and personality test I took during the counseling session gave me hope and clear direction. Thanks for guiding me towards the right path of life.”
9. “I really appreciate your effort and time spent with me discussing how I can become an important figure in the society. Sincerely, no words can express how thankful I am for your concern. You are the best counselor I have ever met.”
10. “The scholarship organization contacts list you gave me was found very helpful. In my quest to earn a higher degree, I never thought I could get financial assistance to actualize my dream. Thanks for your concern in this matter.”
11. “I searched the scholarship websites that you gave to me, and I found one that is ready to pay my tuition fees in full. No words can express my happiness. I really appreciate your insight, understanding, advice, and assistance. Indeed, you are God sent to me. Thank you once again for everything.”
12. “Your comments and advice had brought me recognition at the workplace. My employer noted my loyalty and rewarded me with a pay raise. Thank you for your encouragement, and for lifting me up with your wise words.”
13. “Thank you for suggesting ways to achieve my full potentials in life. I can’t express how grateful I am to have you at this difficult time. Thank you once again for your help.”
14. “I am extremely grateful that I met you. With your suggestions, I now know how to manage my anxiety and fear without medication. Thank you for your care and concern as usual.”
15. “I would like to express my gratitude for your support and concern all the time. Your advice has been very helpful to me. Once again, thank you for your encouraging words and positive thoughts.”
16. “You suggested exactly what I needed to succeed in my job search. I put it into practice and I have started seeing positive results. Thank you for giving me insightful tutorials.”
17. “With a sincere heart, I say thank you to my counselor for your heart warming advice. I can’t express the big difference your words made in my life. You are the best professional I have ever known.”
18. “I just wanted to thank you for helping me to give up substance addiction quickly. I’m now living a happy life with my family, friends, and loved ones again. Thanks once again for the wonderful healing.”
19. “Let me use this opportunity to express my profound gratitude for all concern and support you gave to me over the past few days. If not for your care, my lifestyle wouldn’t have improved for better by now. Thanks once again for opening my eyes to new stage of opportunity and strength.”
20. “My meeting with you was an eye-opening one; I have gained great skills needed to start a new phase of life that is free from drug addiction. Thank you for guiding me towards the right path.”
No words can express what you mean to me.
21. “With your help, I was able to quit substance abuse. I wouldn’t have been doing well by now if not for your amazing understanding of what my problem was. Thanks for your love, care, and kind attention shown to me over the past few months.”
22. “I’m so glad that I found your counseling helpful, and to let you know that I am doing well in my recovery phase. I’m very much indebted to you for your kind attention and support. And I will always be grateful to you for making positive changes to my lifestyle.”
23. “I am pleased that I was able to find a guidance counselor who is friendly and always eager to help. You have opened my eyes to many things that will help me rise in the rank at the workplace. Thank you very much, I really appreciate it all.”
24. “Thank you so much for your support given to me during difficult times in my life. No more sad moments in my married life again. And this couldn’t have been possible without your wonderful advice and guidance. Thanks once again for keeping romance alive in our marriage.”
Sample Appreciation Letters
Below, you’ll find inspirational examples that can help you compose a longer heartfelt letter.
Sample Letter # 1: For Summer Camp Counselor
I am extremely indebted to you for your excellence in imparting knowledge onto my child, and for looking after [him/her] impressively from the first day to the last day of the summer camp session. Indeed, you’ve really made a big difference in [his/her] life this summer, and I can see the smiles on [his/her] face.
Thank you for making the camp experience fun and enjoyable. Thank you for the love that you’ve shown. Once again, thank you for the sacrifice that you must have made in this regard.
[Insert Your Name]
Sample Letter # 2: For Addiction Counselor
I am glad to have found someone who could be there for me through my ups and downs in life. No words can express how thankful I am for your guidance and support you gave to me and helping me to quit drug addiction.
I wanted you to know that I am now living a healthy lifestyle, and also having good times with my family and friends. Thanks once again for all you did to help in this matter.
[Insert Your Name]
Inspirational Thank-You Quotes for Counselors
- “We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give.” – Winston Churchill
- “You must be the change you wish to see in the world.” – Mahatma Gandhi
- If I have to be remembered for something, I want it remembered that I really liked children and was a good camp counselor.” – Francis Ford Coppola
- Usually, the stuff that’s your best idea or work is going to be attacked the most.” – Francis Ford Coppola
- “How far that little candle throws his beams! So shine a good deed in a weary world.” – Williams Shakespeare
- “How beautiful a day can be, when kindness touches it.” – George Elliston
- “Being able to help someone learn something is a talent.” – Margaret Riel
- “It’s easy to make a buck. It’s a lot tougher to make a difference.” – Tom Brokaw.
Did you find this article helpful?
© 2016 Oyewole Folarin