- Holidays and Celebrations
Thank-You Notes for Preschool or Kindergarten Teachers
Are you feeling the strong desire to write a heartfelt thank you note or letter to teachers at your child’s preschool or kindergarten? Don’t wait until the end of the year or on Thanksgiving day to show your sincere gratitude to them for their care, hard work, dedication, and passion for early childhood education.
A simple thank you note to a preschool teacher from parents will suffice and better than giving money to them. It’s one of the most important ways in which we let them know we value what they have done for us and to motivate them to do more.
These thank you notes and appreciation messages below will inspire you to write your own personalized card or letter.
Sample Messages for Your Son or Daughter's Teacher
Heartfelt Thank-You Words and Appreciation Messages
- Thank you for caring for my child each and every day. I’ll never forget the difference you have made in [her/his] life.
- Thanks so much for being very passionate about teaching young children. I cannot thank you enough for your influence on my child’s growth and success.
- I’m so excited to find someone who is giving my children the best care that they deserve. Thanks for being so kind and caring.
- I feel extremely grateful to have you as my child’s early childhood education teacher. Thanks for your patience and for the quality care each and every day.
- I would like to express my sincere gratitude to you for preparing my child for a lifetime success. You're the best early childhood education teacher I've ever known!
- I’m so grateful to you for your patience, enthusiasm, and passion. I really appreciate your hard work.
- I wanted to write to show my sincere gratitude to all the teachers who have contributed significantly to my child’s growth and [her/his] curiosity for learning. I value your job so much!
- We adore you so much and appreciate all your care and commitment to our child’s education. Indeed, you're one in a million!
- You never fail in your job to having my [daughter/son] feel comfortable and happy going to school. You're an awesome teacher! Thanks so much for your hard work!
- This thank you card is a small token and a means to express our appreciation for the affection, care, and support you have shown to our precious baby [girl/son].
- It means the world to me to have you as my child’s tutor. You are an important part of my life.
- I’m deeply grateful to have someone like you watch my child’s growth and emotional well-being. Thank you again for making me feel comfortable at work, and for comforting my child beyond my expectation while I’m away.
Those who educate children well are more to be honored than parents, for these only gave life, those the art of living well.— Aristotle
Additional Messages from Parents
- I was a bit nervous leaving my [son/daughter] with a stranger. However, you've proven yourself as an experienced caregiver that one could rely on. Thank you for loving my child as much as I do. You’re a talented and energetic teacher!
- Thank you for being a hero to my family! We really appreciate your good work!
- I have no doubt that my children will perform wonderfully in elementary school. You’ve given them all they’ll need to succeed in their future endeavor. Thank you for giving them a wonderful start in their quest for knowledge.
- If anyone deserves honor for my child’s growth and success, no one else but you. You’re the most important person in the world. We are really blessed to have you!
- Thank you for always making my [daughter/son] feel special, loved, and cared for. I’m more than blessed to have you as [her/his] early childhood education teacher.
- You’re a blessing not only to toddlers but to many working parents. Thank you for your hard work and dedication!
- You cannot imagine how much comfort your support has given me while I'm away from my [son/daughter] for hours. Thanks for making me feel at ease while I’m away!
- Having you as my child’s teacher is my greatest accomplishment in life. She/he now dresses up on[ her/his] own and talks more about how [she/he] enjoyed swinging on your swings. Thank you for being there for my family!
- Thanks so much for making my [son/daughter] feel entertained, loved, and special. I cannot thank you enough for all your commitment towards [her/his] academic progress.
- I was extremely excited to see my child reciting the American national anthem. She/he has learned so much from you. Thank you for your teaching, hard work, and dedication!
- Thank you for making my day stress-free and for caring for my child while I’m away. You have no idea of how much your services mean to me. Thanks so much!
- Thank you for taking note of the things that my baby would need to facilitate [her/his] interest in learning and for reporting [her/his] progress each day at school to me. You’re the best teacher.
- I just wanted to express my gratitude to you for teaching my child some basic social skills [he/she] would need in elementary school. I cannot thank you enough for your help.
- Thank you for equipping my child for a better future. He can now identify some letters and numbers, and we can see him growing into a matured independent individual academically and socially.
- Thank you for paying close attention to my child’s emotional problems and for bringing them to my notice without any delay. You're an awesome teacher!
- Thanks for teaching my precious baby [girl/boy] how to write with a pencil, take turns, and wash hands after using the restroom. You're very special to me!
- Thank you for helping my children to explore new ways of doing things and to be able to stand on their own. You’re such a wonderful person!
- You’ve been very helpful to my child. My [son/daughter] now teaches her younger brother letters A, B, and C perfectly. What an interesting experience!
- Thank you for teaching my [daughter/son] art and craft work. She/he enjoys painting and can hold a pencil perfectly.
- I’d like to give you the honor you deserve for guiding my child and for making your class a comfortable place for [him/her] to learn and grow into adulthood.
- Thank you for being [his/her] guide, and for being cheerful to [him/her]. Thanks for everything that you do.
Sample Letters from Parents
Sample Letter # 1
Dear [Name of Teacher],
I’d like to express my sincere gratitude to you and your staff for all your patience, hard work, dedication, and for being passionate about early childhood education. Thank you for helping [name of your child] finding it easy and fun learning basic vocabulary and numeracy.
I’m so excited for the wonderful training and quality care my [daughter/son] is getting from you. [She/he’s] always full of happiness going to school and talks more about [her/his] amazing teachers and friends at school when [she/he] comes home. Thanks for setting my mind at ease while I’m away, and thank you for everything that you do for my baby [boy/girl] each and every day. You’re one in a million!
Sample Letter # 2
Dear [Name of Teacher]
I wanted to write to sincerely thank you for taking good care of my child. I cannot thank you enough for your hard work, patience, and for giving [him/her] everything needed to have fun while learning.
The kindergarten math concepts are working extremely well, and which I have noticed in him from [his/her] too much questioning about my measuring cups in the kitchen. The rhyming books, pre-school rhymes, and poems are all helpful to my child's vocabulary and expression.
Thank you for giving [her/him] a sense of belonging in the classroom, and for encouraging [her/him] to be an independent individual. [She/he’s] no more relying on me to dress up for school. I so much appreciate your enthusiasm and passion for children, and for giving them comfort when they’re crying. Thank you for everything that you do.
© 2017 Oyewole Folarin