- Holidays and Celebrations
Thanksgiving - Looking Beyond Our Nation's Poor Economy
I know that a lot of us are going through financial hardship. And the economic condition that our nation is facing doesn’t make things any easier. Please know that you are not alone. However, even during these financial storms, or other storms that life may bring us, we still have so much to be thankful for. As thanksgiving is drawing near, I have been thinking about all the things in my life that I am thankful for. Here are just a few:
* God – nothing matters without Him.
* “My Three Sons” – Adam, Samson, and Aaron.
* My Family – My mom, dad, sisters, brothers, in-laws, nieces, nephews, and cousins.
* My Friends – Elizabeth, Susie, Roxanne, Sylvia, Bernadette, David, Connie, Gracie, Annie, Lydia, and Laura.
* My Exes – Ernie and Bill.
* My Job and My Boss Salty for hiring me and keeping me on board 1 ½ years so far.
* Our Health – We are all disease free!
* My Home – Thank you God for giving me the home of my dreams. Everything I ever wanted in a home I now have .
* My Car – No matter how many noises it makes, I get to work every day and back home every day. I get to go grocery shopping, exercising, and shopping at every Dollar Tree and Ross store in San Antonio.
* My Provider – Jesus is and always has been my source. It’s not my job, it’s Him. He gives me strength to work each and every day, even during the stressful times. He gives me such creativity that even when things come my way that I've never done before, I put my all into it and it gets accomplished. Everything comes from Him, and I praise His name that my bills have been paid month after month, and year after year. He’s always on time.
* My Joy – People often ask me how I can be so positive, smile so much, and be so happy after all I’ve been through. It’s called joy. Don’t ever let anyone or anything rob you of your joy. It’s a precious gift from God. Protect it like you protect your children.
* My Talents – God gives each of us many talents. As most of you know, my talents are being organized, writing, and I’m a bit on the creative side with the arts and crafts, scrapbooking, and photo collaging that I do. Don’t let your talents go to waste – use every one! Don’t forget to give God the honor and glory.
* My blessings – We face a lot of things in this life, but underneath all of that, I must say that I am truly blessed. God has really blessed me in so many ways, and He will continue to do so. Amen.
Happy Thanksgiving to each and every one of you!!