- Holidays and Celebrations»
- United States Holidays
The Gift of Thanksgiving
The Gift of Life
©All rights owned by Abundant Waters Ministries, Inc. no parts of this content may be reproduced without the author's sole permission
Being thankful and grateful is an everyday mindset. For me I am thankful for every new day that I see. I have learned that life should not be taken for granted, and it is a blessing for every new day that we see. Every since 2005 when I had an aneursym my life has greatly changed. Things I am most thankful for on today is the life that God gives each and every one of us.
God has given me the gift of life, and I am thankful for the opportunity to expience his goodness in my life. With everyday I try to make a difference in someone else's life which is my way of showing my gratefulness. No matter if it is something just as small as giving someone a compliment seeing them smile is a blessing.
- The gift of happiness - happiness is a gift if you realize it can belong to you everyday. No one can steal your happiness unless you allow them to. No matter what happens in life we can make a choice to be happy. We never will understand why somethings happen in our life, but there is always a bigger picture. I am thankful for my new outlook on life to chose to be happy everyday even when something goes wrong. Understanding that happiness is a state of being is a blessing. Knowing that happiness comes from within our hearts and spirit is also a blessing. I am thankful for the gift of happiness.
The Gift of Joy
- Knowing the gift of joy is an awesome experience. If you have ever had a day without joy think about how you felt that day, now imagine feeling that way day after day after day. To know joy, and to have it is a gift and a blessing for this I am thankful.
The Gift of Shelter
- Having a place to call home is a blessing. If someone has experienced being homeless they will understand what a blessing it is to have a place called home. During the years when I was homeless I thought I dreamed of having somewhere to live. Having the aneursym I lost my apartment, and had to live from shelter to shelter. Living from place to place is very uncomfortable, and unhealthy. This day I am thankful God has blessed me with a place I can call my own. Being able to have a key that goes to my own front door is a blessing. When I look and see others living on the street with no place to go my heart goes out to them. Chicago has a tremendous housing problem. If I had not gonen through the process of looking for shelter I would have never known first hand what a big problem it is in Chicago with housing. This day I thank God for a safe place to sleep at night.
Other Hubs On Being Thankful
- 10 Things Everyone SHOULD be THANKFUL For
A list of 10 things everyone should be thankful for. These ten things are the internet, Apple products, Toilets, amazing design, electricity, cell phones, space exploration, digital cameras, bicycles, universities and companies w/ good research and d
- Gratitude - The Power In Being Thankful For Life!
Just recently - I have been giving a lot of thought, about personally needing to develop a deeper gratitude, for those things - which I am truly thankful for - and the power which comes into our lives,...