- Holidays and Celebrations
The Great Gift Chronicles: Chess, Anyone?
There's nothing quite like a good game of chess. The origins of which go back some 1500 years. It is said that it started in India and spread to Europe before it became the game that it is today. There are Chess Tournaments, Chess Clubs and more!
Chess is a board game of skill. It takes patience, critical thinking and well, skill. Anyone can play at any age, but there is not quite anything like playing on a immaculate board.
Chess - A Learning Gift for Kids
In the U.S. and Canada, research has been done to show the benefits of teaching children chess; so much so that it is being introduced in schools. The research has shown this:
- Helps children to focus
- Helps children to visualize (their next move, what happens if I make this choice)
- Helps children to carefully make decision while considering their consequences before reacting
- Helps children to look at all their options and choose the best option for each situation
- Helps children to evaluate logically, the consequences to their actions; that is, to determine the level of severity of each consequence
- Helps children to plan better or make better use of their time
- Helps children to learn how to multitask
Adults-Help Improve Concentration
Chess is great for adults as well! I helps you to focus, to make wise choices and can improve your thinking habits and concentration.
It's a timeless game with great benefits and so is sure to be on the Great Gift Chronicles!
- Shop Chess Sets, Chess Pieces & Chess Boards at Chess Sets
Shop 100s of Chess Sets, Chess Pieces & Chess Boards at ChessSets.com. Buy online now and save up to 30% on all Chess Sets!
- School Chess Association
- My Happy Sun, Inc., Business to Business, Tempe, AZ 85283 - index
Your one-stop source for making money, saving money and everything else in between!