Portable North Pole (PNP): Personalized Video Messages from Santa Claus
Create a Personalized Message from Santa for Free
The Portable North Pole website, also known as the PNP, is a lot of fun. With PNP you can create a custom video message for a child (or adult) personalized with details that you provide. The site sends the email directly to your inbox, with the sender's name—Santa! Our girls were so excited to get the personalized message, they could hardly stand it.
Here's how it works.
- Go to the PNP and prepare a new message.
- Click on the appropriate gingerbread man to choose a message for a toddler, child, or grown-up.
- In video cards for older children, Santa gives a tour of different parts of the North Pole before he goes back to his shop. Younger children receive a shorter, more concise video.
Personalize Your Video Card from Santa
- On the next screen, enter details about the child who will receive the card: name, eye color, hair color, etc.
- If this is the child's first PNP message, Santa will welcome them.
Personal Touches in Santa's Video Message
This is where the fun begins!
- Add photos of your child and of special events from the year.
- Santa will look into a special book with pictures of your child and refer to the descriptive information you provide (hair color, eye color, favorite food, etc.).
- Santa can also refer to special events that took place over the past year. One year, when my sister had had a baby, I created a card for my niece with a picture of her and her new baby sister. Santa mentioned the new addition to her family. These personal touches make the video very realistic!
Have You Been Naughty or Nice?
- Next answer a few questions about the child who will receive the message. Santa will refer to this information in his message.
- Santa might say, "It sounds like you have worked really hard this year saying 'please' and 'thank you'. Remember, always listen to your parents!"
Your Child's Wish List
- Your next step is to tell Santa what your child wants for Christmas.
- You can even add photos of what they would like or are going to get.
- Categorize the gift and click "next".
- This information will also be shown in Santa's special book.
- Lastly, tell Santa where your child lives.
- He will look at his map and point to it, proving that he knows where to visit on Christmas Eve!
- This step will also ask you personal information, like where to send the email from Santa.
- Confirm your information or edit, if need be.
- You can now preview the video. To send the video card to other recipients, simply copy the link.
Overall, this was a great experience for our girls. They are two, five and eight and all three loved it. Happy Holidays!
Portable North Pole's Premium Version
PNP's premium version includes additional video footage of the North Pole and funny clips of Santa's elves. PNP also features an eShop with personalized books, puzzles, and letters from Santa for sale.