The Simpsons Birthday Party Theme Ideas and Supplies
How to Plan A Simpsons Themed Party
The Simpsons will go down in history as one of the classic TV shows of our generation. Created by Matt Groening, the satirical series follows Homer, Marge, Bart, Lisa and Maggie Simpson as they go through life in the fictional town of Springfield. With hilarious moments, unforgettable characters, memorable catchphrases, (“D’oh!”) and episodes that can be watched again and again, The Simpsons is without a doubt one of the most important sitcoms ever created.
The Simpsons is so famous and well-loved, back in 2000 the Simpson family received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. It’s won 31 Emmy Awards, 30 Annie Awards and it influenced a new generation of animated comedy – South Park, Family Guy and Futurama all owe a great debt to the show.
Planning a Simpsons-themed party is a great idea for kids and adults alike! Here’s how you can get every element just right and ensure your event doesn’t feature any ‘D’oh!’ moments.
The Simpsons Birthday Party Invitations and Ideas
First up is the party invitations. Now, it’s important to get these spot on, because they’ll be the first thing your guests sees of the party, and you want to make a good impression! Here are some tips for creating or choosing your Simpsons party invitations.
If you’re feeling crafty and want to make your own homemade party invitations, go right ahead! This quick and easy Homer invitation tutorial is budget-friendly, for those who are keeping an eye on their bank balance, and you can tailor them to your own needs as necessary.
If cutting and sticking isn’t really your thing, never fear! There are plenty of printable invitations and other resources that you can download to get your party started. This blank Homer invitation offers plenty of space for you to write all the details of your event down and you can personalize each one with a message to each individual guest, if you have the time.
These Bart Simpson party invitations are for the cool kids only – with the slogan ‘Skate Fuel’ and a cool-looking Bart cruising along on the picture, this is sure to have all little ones excited about the party to come!
Who is your favorite Simpsons Family Character?
The Simpsons Birthday Party Decorations and Ideas
When it comes to decorating your party venue for your Simpsons party, you’ll need a color scheme – and the best one to stick with is yellow (obviously), blue and white. This palette immediately brings Homer and Marge to mind, and it’s really easy to find paper plates, tablecloths and other decorative items in these colors.
Make sure you stock up on yellow balloons – you can have a go at drawing on your favorite Simpsons characters with a black market, or you could even invite guests to draw themselves as Simpsons for entertainment!
If you don’t have much time to make your own party decorations, there are plenty of merchandise options you can buy online to give your venue a little pizzazz. There is a party pack from Amazon which contains paper plates in different sizes and two balloons – you can complement this set with some Simpsons paper cups and this awesome Bart balloon, which are also available from there too.
If you’re pulling out all the stops for your party, why not make yourself part of the décor? Check out this awesome tutorial on how to dress up like Marge. Make sure you have plenty of yellow face paint on hand for anyone else wants to get involved!
The Simpsons Birthday Cake Decorations and Ideas
No party is complete without cake, and your Simpsons bash will be no different (especially if it’s someone’s birthday!).
If you have lots of time on your hands and you’re a bit of a whizz at cake decorating, take a look at this fantastic design for inspiration. With a cake-can of Duff beer and a stack of cake-donuts, Homer would be in heaven if he got his hands on this!
This three-tiered creation is also a lot of fun. It shows the different settings of the Simpsons home – the bottom tier is the outside, the middle tier shows the walls of the living room, and the top tier shows Homer passed out on the living room floor, most likely from too much Duff beer! Take this to your local cake decorator and see what they can do.
For something a little simpler, this basic circular sponge cake features Homer reaching for a donut, and the name of the birthday boy in this case. It’s fun, it’s effective, and we bet it tastes amazing!
How to make a Homer Simpson Cake
The Simpsons Birthday Party Food and Drink Ideas
If you’re a fan of The Simpsons (and who isn’t?) you’ll already know that there are two things in life that Homer loves almost as much as his famous family: donuts and Duff! Using those two as a starting point, you can create a multitude of delicious food for all your guests to enjoy:
- These very simple donut-style cookies look just like the ones that Homer drools over in The Simpsons. Creating a basic cookie with a cut-out template, all you have to do is ice it with pink frosting and your cookie donut is complete!
- Hire or buy a slushie machine for the occasion – load it with red or blue slushie mix and you have your very own Squishee machine, just like the Kwik-E-Mart!
- Burgers are the staple of any party, and Krusty Burgers are the staple diet of most Springfield residents! Make sure you provide plenty for your guests so that they don’t go hungry while they’re enjoying the party.
- Why not get a little creative and make a healthy, filling Simpsons food platter? This awesome example shows that not all party food needs to be pink and filled with sugar (although it doesn’t hurt…).
- The Frying Dutchman is also a popular eatery in the Simpsons world, so why not add some seafood to your menu?
- Don’t forget to order in plenty of Duff beer! You can actually buy beer in Duff cans (from firebox.com) for the most dedicated Simpsons fan. Just try not to end up like Barney…
The Simpsons Birthday Party Favors and Ideas
Every good party needs some good party favors – and this one is no different! Luckily there are plenty of ideas online if you need some inspiration for your Simpsons party favors.
This Duff beer collectible can is ideal as a party favor – it’s budget-friendly, fun and definitely something that your guests will proudly showcase on a shelf at home!
You can also use the items from your food table to double-up as favors. The adorable Simpsons-themed bottles on this table are perfect for younger guests that love drinking out of straws, and you can find the printable templates for the cute little boxes right here.
The Simpsons Birthday Party Games and Activities
To ensure your guests have the best time at your party, you’ll need to plan plenty of fun activities for them to enjoy! Here are our top picks:
- Donut-Eating Contest – Can any of your guests beat Homer for the crown of Donut King (or Queen)? Take six donuts, and tie three each onto a string. Tie the string up somewhere where the donuts are at mouth-level – then pit two of your guests against each other! They can’t use their hands to eat the donuts, and the first one to finish them all wins.
- Duff Hunting – Hide cans of Duff around the party venue and come up with a treasure hunt so guests can track them down.
- Simpsons Charades – Write down some names, places and other nouns related to the Simpsons on strips of paper. Fold them up, put them in a hat and let the charades begin! One person picks a piece of paper and has to act out what’s on there without saying a word.
- Why not ask your guests to pitch in and see if they can help you finish this during the party? If you invite twenty guests and they each spend fifteen minutes helping put the house together, you could have a full Simpsons house by the end of the party! Simpsons Lego House
- If your party is a little smaller, with a handful of special guests, why not give Simpsons Monopoly a go? Sure, there might be arguments and at least one player will leave in a huff – it wouldn’t be Monopoly without a bust-up! With plenty of Simpsons references, this game is sure to have all guests hooked.
So there you have it – a full and complete guide to throwing your very own Simpsons party! Whether it’s a birthday party or another special occasion, we hope we’ve given you enough inspiration to ensure your party is a great success!
Can you think of anything we might have missed? Got any suggestions you want to make to help our readers improve their Simpsons party even further? Don’t forget to let us know in the comments section below!