There is Power in Giving Thanks Everyday!
You may hear people talking about the Will of God, Well, how do I get there?
Do You Ever Notice These when You Wake Up?
Thank You Lord for all of Your gifts that You give to me each and every morning!
Every time I open my eyes, I am able to see the invisible gifts that fill my room every morning.
The gift of Life...to see a new day
The gift of Eternal Life...to live with You forevermore.
The gift of the Holy Spirit...to comfort, teach, and admonish me until we meet again.
The gift of Grace...undeserved favor, though I don't deserve it.
The gifts of the Spirit...Prophecy, Service, Teaching, Exhortation, Giving, Leadership, Mercy, Wisdom, Knowledge, Faith, Healing, Miracles, Discernment of Spirit, and the gift of tongues.
The gift to Love...unconditional love towards others, friends and enemies.
The gift of Peace...to be at peace in the midst of this dark world, until You come.
The gift of Hope...to let others know that it's not to late to turn to Jesus!
# 1 - Start by Giving Thanks!
"In everything give thanks; For this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." (I Thess. 5:18)
We really have so much to be thankful for and by the way, the Bible is very clear when it instructs, it says, "This is God's will for you...," who is the 'you,' well, you! Every single person in the entire world was created by God for God's divine purpose. If you believe that in your heart, then allow the Holy Spirit to walk with you day-to-day. He is there to lead you, empower you, and He will teach you all things. Not some things, but all things. Just think about this for a minute....every single moment of the day, you are conscious of what is going on around you, right? Sometimes you ignore things, but other times you start to complain. We all do. If you wanted to - you could find something about 'everything' to complain about. I know I can, believe me, it's so easy to do. So, if you 'consciously' can find something to complain about, then in the same manner, couldn't you find something 'consciously' to give thanks about? Can you give God thanks in every place that you find yourself in, whether good or bad?
- "We are obligated to thank God for you all the time, brothers, as is fitting, because your faith is growing more and more, and your love for one another is increasing." (II Thessalonians 1:3).
- "Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God." (Philippians 4:6).
- "Speak to one another with psalms, hymns, and spiritual songs. Sing and make music in your hearts to the Lord, always giving thanks to God the Father for everything in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.
- "And whatever you do, in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him." (Colossians 3:17).
# 2 - After Thanking God, Praise Him!
"But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for his own possession, that you may proclaim the excellencies of him who called you out of darkness into his marvelous light." I Peter 2:9
Just in case, you feel as though you can't find anything else to thank God for, try praising him for adopting us into His Royal Kingdom! He has called us, you....out of darkness into His marvelous light! Do you know what that means?
The penalty of sin has always been death. Jesus took our place for that death sentence. How many people on death row right now, would you step in and say, "Hold on, hold on....let me die in place of this man!" Not one of you would do that for the sins of another man. Jesus didn't die simply for one man, He died for the sins of "all" mankind. God would not have accepted anyone else in our place, except for Jesus because He was the spotless lamb, without sin, no leaven, no evil. His love for us goes beyond what you could ever know in this life with our limited minds. He grafted us in, adopted us, as children and delivered us from the power of Satan. In return, we thank Him and Praise Him and proclaim to the world His excellency!
- "The LORD is my strength and song, And He has become my salvation; This is my God, and I will praise Him; My father's God, and I will extol Him. (Exodus 15:2)
- “I will bless the LORD at all times: his praise shall continually be in my mouth” (Psalms 34:1).
- "Whoso offereth praise glorifieth me: and to him that ordereth his conversation aright will I show the salvation of God” (Psalms 50:23).
- “By him therefore let us offer the sacrifice of praise to God continually, that is, the fruit of our lips giving thanks to his name” (Hebrews 13:15).
# 3 - Worship Him!
1.show reverence and adoration for (a deity); honor with religious rites."the Maya built jungle pyramids to worship their gods"synonyms: revere , reverence , venerate , pay homage to, honor , adore , praise , pray to, glorify , exalt , extol
I've been learning this at my local church this week and I would like to share with you some things that I have been learning as well. Our series of "Worship" tells us that worship has nothing to do with you, and everything to do with God. We are showing reverence and adoration to God. This type of worship can be done anywhere at any time. There is no "wrong" place to worship; rather, there is always a right place for worship. I have been driving in my car, singing my heart out to God and suddenly the Spirit of God will show Himself mighty and strong! You can worship God simply by submitting your life to Him wholeheartedly. There is no fooling God, He can hear your thoughts. He knows the one who is worshipping with all their might for that breakthrough. He is searching the hearts of men all over the world trying to find a true worshipper of Him. My Pastor says that you are missing out when you don't get involved in worship. Their are deep places that God wants to take us, but we have to get to a place of quiet surrender to Him, before we can experience the Holy of Holies. Stay outside on the outer courts, if you want to...but I would suggest going beyond the outer court, past the inner court and straight into the Holy of Holies where it is just you and God, naked and unashamed, prostrate before the Holy One of Israel. He will take all of your cares and provide for you whatever it is that you need and desire.
He's a good, good father.
It's who You are! It's who you are...and I am loved by You!
It's who I am! It's who I am....It's who I am....
Cause You are Perfect in all of Your ways....
You are perfect in all of Your ways...
You are perfect in all of Your ways...to us.....!
- "God is spirit, and those who worship him must worship in spirit and truth.” (John 4:24).
- "I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship." (Romans 12:1).
- And he said with a loud voice, “Fear God and give him glory, because the hour of his judgment has come, and worship him who made heaven and earth, the sea and the springs of water.” (Revelation 14:7).
- "Who shall ascend the hill of the Lord? And who shall stand in his holy place? He who has clean hands and a pure heart, who does not lift up his soul to what is false and does not swear deceitfully. He will receive blessing from the Lord and righteousness from the God of his salvation. Such is the generation of those who seek him, who seek the face of the God of Jacob. Selah." (Psalms 24:3).
Giving Thanks Daily
- What Does the Bible Say About Will Of God?
Bible verses about Will Of God
- The Power of Gratitude: 21 Verses of Thanks to God - Debbie McDaniel Christian Blog
The Power of Gratitude: 21 Verses of Thanks to God - Debbie McDaniel Christian blog and commentary on Crosswalk.com.
- How can I know God's will for my life? What does the Bible say about knowing God's will?
How can I know God's will for my life? What does the Bible say about knowing God's will? Why is the will of God sometimes so difficult to discern?
Giving Thanks Daily. 4,288 likes · 8 talking about this. Your journey to daily gratitude begins with your decision to find something good in every...