- Holidays and Celebrations
These are a Few of My Favorite Things- for a party, gift or for stocking stuffers!
Great for keeping wine cool for the whole party!
Everyone needs a toy!
For the days when you just can't finish it all!
Coach has a great $30 tag in fun colors!
My favorite OPI color! Cajun Shrimp!
Great for whiskey or scotch!
Christmas Idea or Party Theme? You chose!
"FAVORITE THINGS" STOCKING
This idea was inspired by Oprah's favorite things show that she used to do every year around Christmas. In my family, Christmas is about celebration, but it is also about the excitement of finding creative gifts for everyone on your list. One of our Christmas traditions is to fill a small stocking or bag with a few of our favorite things that we have found throughout the year. It may be a mascara, a soap, or an amazing moisturizer and the most fun thing is to share something that you love with someone else, right? I am going to provide you with a list of a few of my favorite things so that maybe you can start this tradition with others in your family or friends.
Here is a list of items that are great ideas for the favorite things (plus some extra suggestions):
- Each person's favorite candy
- Toy helicopter (www.amazon.com)
- DIY items such as coasters, ornaments or homemade baked goodies
- A few nice cigars and a fun lighter (www.amazon.com or a local cigar shop for suggestions)
- Travel size of your favorite items such as face wipes (www.neutrogena.com) and shampoos (www.aveda.com)
- Electric toothbrush (oral b, sonicare, etc.)
- Wireless headphones (for the person that always has surround sound on!)
- Fun Iphone cases (JCrew)
- Festive nail polish (OPI)
- A bottle of your favorite wine
- Next year's calendar
- Gift Certificates for $5-10 to coffee shops, movies, sporting goods stores, wine shops etc.
- Club of the month: Flowers, wines, chocolates and more...
- Chanel cream eye shadow
- Monogrammed glasses
- Whiskey rocks
- iPad or iPod cover
- Waterproof cases for iPad, iPod, iPhone
- iPad keyboard
- Cute wine stoppers
- Hand and feet warmers (for the hunter, runner or skier)
- A fun ornament
- Eye mask (Claire's has a mask with closed eyelids with eyelashes)
- Wine bottle opener
- Bottle opener
- Travel games
- Swiss army knives
- Golf accessories (golf balls, tees, club covers)
- Playing cards
- Fun socks
- Poker kit
- Donate to a Hefer.org (give a goat, chicken, sheep, heifer, water buffalo, water, rabbits, water pumps, money and more options to provide assistance for the needy) in someone's name
- Portable chargers
- Portable speakers for music players
- Cork Candles (stop your wine and have a candle at the top!)
- Kindle gift certificate for book downloads
- Coffee Table Book
- iTunes gift certificate
- Running gear ( warm gloves, hat, ear warmer, running shorts, etc.)
- Candy coal
- Tickets to a game
- Tickets to a concert or play
***NOTE on where to find these items- Pick your favorite brand or just "Google it"
Here is a great link for 150 stocking stuffer ideas- this is by far the best list that I have found that has something for all ages whether male or female.
Amazon has samples too- $.01!
FAVORITE THINGS PARTY
Another idea if you do not want to do this for Christmas is to host a favorite things party. A friend of mine recently brought me to her blog group's monthly brunch and one of the girls mentioned that she hosted a favorite things party for 5 or so of her closest friends. Everyone brings multiples of an item that they love (putting a max dollar value on spending so it does not get out of hand) and she provided a bag for each item to be placed in as they walked in the door. The hostess even went to a few of her favorite places and got free samples of makeup and other products to add to each of the bags, so the options are endless for what you can contribute. Many vendors were into the idea because each sample potentially attracts a new buyer.
As the hostess, it would be a great idea to put together either cute gift baskets or bags for each of your guests. You can also pick a color scheme and integrate it into the baskets or bags to take your theme further. Use your color scheme for desserts, flowers, invitations and napkins to tie the concept together. Why not take the party to the next level to make it one to remember?
For some great ideas for making your own or purchasing gift bags, see either of the sites below. They are full of great ideas, many of which are not too difficult to replicate.