Throwing a Mardi Gras-Themed Birthday Party
Mardi Gras: Let The Good Times Roll
Have You Been?
Have you ever been to Madi Gras?
Mardi Gras on Amazon
Time To Party Mardi Gras Style!
When you are going to plan a Mardi Gras party a lot of people have parties at their home but, a lot of other people travel to New Orleans, LA or Mobile, AL.
If you are going to plan a party of any kind, you will need to know the following.
1. Location: You want to start with a great location. You could have a destination party. The only draw back about a destination party is that many of your friends might not want to pay to go so far away. Check with your fiends and see what they think!
The real party is usually at New Orleans or Mobile. If it is held during the month of February. If you are able to find a hot tub it might be warmer than a swimming pool. If you are able to bring some friends, then the more the merrier.
2. Guest List: Once you have decided on the perfect spot, plan out your guest list. You choose a destination birthday party, you might only be able to get more people to attend if you have your party local. Make out Mardi Gras themed invitations and mail them to your guests. In the invitation you would be able to include things like, wearing a costume, bring food or alcohol, and most importantly the date, time and location. Always tell your guests to call to reserve so that you can plan the food and such according to the amount of people coming to the party.
3. Costumes ??: Depending on your friends and knowing the personalities of the people that you are inviting would help you in the decision of whether or not to have your guests dress up for the party. If you don't think they will like a costume, maybe some will or some will not, just have them dress up in gold, green and purple. It always spices up a party when costumes are involved. Especially where there are costumes that hide the face. That sounds terrible but, I don't mean it like it sounds. I just mean a costume party is mysterious and fun especially, if you have a reveal or a party where you vote for your favorite costume. Another idea to do with costumes, is to have a contest and let everyone vote on the best costume.
4. Food: Preparing food for this type of party can be as complicated or as simple as you want it to be. This party would be so fun to plan and cook for. Your menu could feature foods found in Louisiana or you could bring out those favorites that you only really cook during the "football season," because these foods usually are for more of a larger group versus a family of two or three. Keep in mind, I could 1/2 the recipe but, I never do. At our household, we like left overs so, we would just eat whatever is left.
5. Alcohol: I realize that there will be alcohol served at these parties. Please be responsible enough to take some keys away from your friends who do not need to drive if they have been drinking. Enjoy yourself but, in a safe way! Please do not drink and drive. Mixed drinks should be colorful for the party but, remember if your sipping then have a designated driver.
6. Decorations: Depending on several likely scenarios, whether your party is large or small, would depend on what kind decorations. It would be fun to decorate with the different masks that are worn at Mardi Gras and of course, do not forget, the green, gold and purple. You could use streamers or beads that are in those colors. Find plates and napkins and utensils that will re-emphasize the use of the colors. You also don't want to drive everyone crazy with the colors either.
7. Music: You could do several different things here. You could hire a DJ, play various music by artists from Louisiana, have jazz music in the background or just loud music with everyone's favorite songs on the radio today. Depending on the type of party that you have would definitely determine what kind of music for your guests.
I think to be a successful host at a party, it is important to make everyone feel welcome. This makes the guests more likely to mingle. If it's a small party they can certainly socialize among themselves there as well. You will make a great host and have fun at the party. The main thing is to enjoy yourself and have a great party!!
* If you have ever been to or thrown a Mardi Gras Party, I would be delighted to hear your stories. Feel free to share your thoughts in the comments capsule located at the bottom of this hub.
List Of Parties
St. Paddy's Day Party
4th of July Party
Valentines Day Party
Labor Day Party
New Years Eve Party
Super Bowl Party
How To Throw a Mardi Gras Party
view quiz statistics
Holiday and Party Hubs!
- A New Years Eve Night Out
This article describes an example of a fun Ne Years Eve out on the town. A nice restaurant is a great start and maybe some live music. In the end go to a fire works show or put on your own show.
- Fourth of July BBQ Get Together
This holiday article describes ways to put together a great 4th of July party. BBQ grilling and fireworks are a major part of this celebration with family and friends. Pictures, maps, polls, you tube clips and commentary are featured in this hub as w
- Merry Christmas Party Planner
ThisHoliday hub documents the final days before Christmas in particularly if your hosting Christmas at your home. Pictures, Polls, YouTube videos, Maps and commentary are all listed in this blog.
- How to Pack for a Weeklong Vacation
This hub demonstrates some of the best ways to pack for a vacation of a week or more. Clothing, toiletries and cash are just a few of the items you will need to pack in your suitcase. You tube videos, pictures, maps, polls, a quiz and commentary are
- Thanksgiving Dinner For A Large Family
This article describes a large Thanksgiving dinner including Turkey, dressing, rolls and macaroni. Polls, maps,Pictures, you tube clips and commentary are ALS listed in this blog along with other facts and information.
- How to Plan a Hit St. Patrick's Day Party
This Holiday hub documents the steps to take in producing a successful St. paddy's Day party. Make sure all of your guests come dressed in green in keeping with the party's theme. Pictures, maps, polls, videos and commentary are featured in this hub
Clips of Mardi Gras in Mobile, Alabama
Location of Mardi Gras Louisiana
© 2013 Buster Johnson