Top 10 Best Valentine’s Day Ideas for Singles : Things to Do on Single Awareness Day
Valentines Day for Singles (Single Awareness Day)
Valentine’s day is one of the most awaited days for couples in love to express their love and affection for their partners. But for many singles around the world, this day happens to be the most dreaded day because of their single status. I read somewhere that another name for Valentine's Day for singles is SAD meaning single awareness day. Somehow I feel it is a little exaggerated as I do not think there is anything bad in being single. In fact being single has a lot of benefits.
Valentine’s day is a day of celebration of love. What if you do not have a boyfriend or girlfriend to spend the day with? Why not pamper yourself on the day and celebrate being single? Also, there are many people in our lives whom we love and appreciate. Why not use this day of love to show our love and appreciation for the people who matter most in our lives like parents, friends, siblings, grandparents, teachers or anyone who is special to us. So, how to spend Valentine's day if you are alone? Given below are top 10 valentine’s day idea’s for singles.
Top 10 Valentine’s Day Idea’s if you are Single or Alone
How to spend Valentine's Day if you are single or alone? There are many ways you can spend Valentine's Day if you are a single. Given below are top 10 valentine’s day idea’s for singles to make the day memorable and special.
- Pamper yourself at a spa: There is a saying that you need to love yourself first be able to love others. Spend the day by pampering yourself at a spa. Get a massage, a facial, pedicure, hair cut or even a makeover and feel special and pampered!
- Go shopping: Nothing can lift the spirits like shopping. Go shopping for clothes, perfume, accessories or intimate apparels which you have wanted to buy for long. Buy yourself an amazing Valentine's gift.
- Party at home: Are there other single friends you normally hang out with or good friends whom you have not met for some time? You can organize a singles party at home and have a blast with like minded friends.
- Go out with friends: Organize your single friends and go out together for a movie, play, concert, clubbing, beach or anywhere you all can have fun together.
- Do a service: There are many people who are not as privileged as we are and it is our moral responsibility to do something for them. Why not visit an orphanage or old age home and spend time with the inmates there? You can also do things like adopting a pet or getting involved in a good cause. Giving gifts and roses to old or sick people can be a wonderful way to express our gratitude to God for all the blessings we have in our lives.
- Eat out at your favorite restaurant: Go to your favorite restaurant with your other single friends or alone and eat whatever you like.
- Express love and gratitude for dear ones: Why not gift something to parents, grandparents or anyone else who is special to you? Even roses or chocolates could be okay but you could also look into options like movie tickets, sponsored dinner, holidays etc.
- Go out on a road trip: Is there a special place you have wanted to go? Plan a trip alone or with friends visiting the place. Or you can explore an unknown territory on your vehicle. It could be anywhere - a temple, a picnic spot, tourist destination or anywhere you can reach within a few hours and also return back on the same day.
- Get adventurous: Are you adventurous? Do you like sky diving, rappelling, camping, bungee jumping, parasailing or things of that sort? Go ahead and enjoy an adventure with friends or alone.
- Do things you love: Are there things you love to do or are passionate about but normally do not get the time to do it? Is there a new hobby which you are interested in? Do it or get started on Valentine's Day.
Whether you are a single by choice or single and searching, you can make your day special by indulging in some of the ideas given above. There is nothing to be depressed about being a single. I have tons of friends who are single and happy than many of the married couples I know. If you are proud to be a single, you may even wear an 'I love single awareness day' t shirt. However, if you are single and frustrated on a valentine’s day because you do not have a mate, I would advise you to stay positive and take good care of your health and physical appearance. Who knows by next Valentine's day you may not remain a single anymore.
Do you have suggestions on single awareness day ideas? Feel free to share them in comments below.